Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well Chunky had a good checkup along with shots at the vet saturday but,

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Well Chunky had a good checkup along with shots at the vet saturday but,

Oh NO... I agree that shots sometimes upsets their stomach's for a few days. I hope that Chunky feels better soon!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

2. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Well Chunky had a good checkup along with shots at the vet saturday but,

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I fed him about 3/4 of the normal amount of Orijen he normally eats this morning along with the pumpkin and he ate it and what followed was a more normal poop. Hopefully he is getting back to normal and I wont have to take him back to the vet now
    how did he do the rest of the day? As others have said, it can be normal for this to happen with shots
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

4. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

He seems like he is back to normal now and ate the normal amount of Orijen food this afternoon without any issues. The neighbor said he played for 45 minutes or so in his backyard like he normally does so thats good and also answers my question of how long they normally keep him out.

Thanks for all the replies and wishes well. I was just getting more nervous when he refused his dog food lastnight and he's had done well since.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

6. Likes 1Chumly, 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    It is normal for some to have a little upset after shots. Did he get a rabies shot? I am glad to see he is slowly getting back to normal. Kisses Chunky!
    He had Rabies, Bordetella/ Adenovirus/ Parainfluenza, Distemper with parvo and lepto, plus all the test they do.

It was the first time I remember my dog doing a physical activity exam. Both Chunky and the vet assistant came back short of breath. LOL

This was the first time any pet of mine has went where I took him saturday. They were one of the only ones open and most of my neighbors take their animals there since it close by. I really like the people who work there and its a lot more up to date than the guy we have always used that does farm animals half the day but he was who most of the local bulldog breeders used when I got the first bulldog. This place cost more for sure

8. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    He had Rabies, Bordetella/ Adenovirus/ Parainfluenza, Distemper with parvo and lepto, plus all the test they do.

It was the first time I remember my dog doing a physical activity exam. Both Chunky and the vet assistant came back short of breath. LOL

This was the first time any pet of mine has went where I took him saturday. They were one of the only ones open and most of my neighbors take their animals there since it close by. I really like the people who work there and its a lot more up to date than the guy we have always used that does farm animals half the day but he was who most of the local bulldog breeders used when I got the first bulldog. This place cost more for sure
    I have personally known many people whose bullies have had life threatening reactions to the rabies vaccine. I personally do not think I will give it to my guys anymore. I hope Chunky is feeling well today.
    My smooshy face boy!

10. Likes helsonwheels, Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

There's a lot of shots that is so not necessary for pets. Kennel Cough is one. But we have no choice cause its a govenerment rule especially if you fly with your pet and especially when you have tons of vets and plus a big documentation on tv saying kennel cough doesn't fully protect your pet or flea treatment caused a lot of deaths in pets...makes you wonder. Back in the 70's, I remember our family dog had nowhere near all these shots. Lived forever! Today like in humans all these pharmaceutical comes out with a lot of new med (not all) that will kill you faster. Ever listen to the side affect after their commercials? Like you better start ok I will stop or I'll go on lolll

12. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Chunky is still doing good and I agree on all the meds animals and humans are given now are way too much. I have refused the flu shot for probably the last 17 years or so and have rarely gotten the flu.

14. Likes ddnene liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads