Head butting ??

gators4lyfe

Aug 13, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Abigail
Abby likes to head butt doors and other things that are in her way. Is this a normal bulldog trait ? Or is she just nuts ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
That's how Fezzik opens doors. If you are in a room he will try it a couple of times to make sure it is closed and will bark to let you know you accidentally forgot him.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bentley uses his nose to move things out of his way especially when he is playing ball inside the house so I would say it is normal on a case by case basis for bullies. So I would say yes it is normal for Abigal. Maybe she was a goat in another life. :)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Thats a normal thing around here but I blame hardwood floors and bulldog Zoomies as they are called on EBN

OP
gators4lyfe

gators4lyfe

Aug 13, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Abigail
Bentley uses his nose to move things out of his way especially when he is playing ball inside the house so I would say it is normal on a case by case basis for bullies. So I would say yes it is normal for Abigal. Maybe she was a goat in another life. :)

We have said this more then once around here

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
YEAH I have 2 bulldogs that LOVE to head butt everything to include my legs... :rofl:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I get butted all the time... especially as what i call 'the nudge'--- yo, i want to play!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I can only speak for my own and Schultz is a champion head butter! Open doors, pushes his weim sister, tunnels through snow drifts, etc...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Thank god she wasn't a unicorn.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
soft squishy things get head butted around here... as of now, no doors or gates or something that may make a noise that scares him ;)

OP
gators4lyfe

gators4lyfe

Aug 13, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Abigail
soft squishy things get head butted around here... as of now, no doors or gates or something that may make a noise that scares him ;)

Ya Abby likes to head butt doors, gates and people .... does not like being locked out of an area or if you aren't paying attention to her she will head butt you to get your attention ...

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea does it all the time opening doors and her crate at bed time.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online