Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
We just got new neighbors in this rental across from our house. For background I live in Rural VA but in a neighborhood. We have leash laws.

They were moving in one night, my family and I had just got back from being with family all day and it was late and dark. I'm in the kitchen cleaning and my husband is upstairs and starts yelling what was that?? I said what? Then saw my dog had knocked over a container of coconut oil and said oh it was just Polly. He said no, it sounded like a gun shot! He comes downstairs and said I need to go outside right now he hears an animal whining. (he assumed our cat had caught another bunny). I go out and there is one neighbor crying saying she is so sorry, she didn't see her and the new neighbor walking around holding his head. I see a big black dog, hit in the road. :( I walk out to ask if all was ok and can I help? He said my dog was hit, no we are figuring it out. So basically they got there and thought it was a good idea to just let their 10 month old Cane Corso run free, at dark, in a new location. Granted the woman driving was going too fast too but the pup didn't stand a chance. The "gun shot" he heard was the impact, it whined and then passed away. I was sick to my stomach over it all.

But here is where I must vent more!! They have another dog, a brown pit bull. They also let it roam all day long. No collar. The neighbor comes to us and says oh he stays in our yard, he is harmless. We remind them there are leash laws, peoples cats, our chickens etc. They don't care! What is worse is they just bought a new puppy and let it run too. My husband said it spent half the time yesterday in the road. This rental house has a HUGE dog area in the back, put your dogs in there for Christ sake!! I am just flabbergasted. One time the dog was on our porch growling at a cat. Apparently our cat attacked the dog lol, he can hold his own but the others won't. Ugh it just makes me so upset! You JUST had one of your dogs hit and killed and yet you don't care if the same happens to the others??

Errr why are people so dense?! Also as a side note these people fight constantly, we can hear everything from inside our own home. Yay for new neighbors :sneaky2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH DEAR LORD! what morons.... they should not have any pets at all, they care nothing for them :facepalm:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
What's the point of having dogs if you don't CARE about them...I don't get it :(

Then, your puppy is hit & killed (your fault) and AFTERWARDS, you continue
letting your other dogs run free...OMG, my words are not fit to repeat to friends!

Devasted and raging...poor babies.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Stupid people like this cause me to lose even more faith in humanity.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Can you report the dogs being out we can here and they have to pay to get them back maybe if so that might put some sense into them but I very much doubt it like Christine said they seem to be Morons

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Call the authorities and request that they enforce the law. Take a cell phone video of the dogs at large. Once they start getting hit in the wallet they'll change their behavior.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just call the bylaw for animals. Not sure what you guys call them. Tell them the hours. Here when you call them, they drive around few times in the day, they have their windows down if its a barking complain but in your case they will see the dogs loose. Im sure these people already have some sort of file on them. It's either you all get together and do something or accept the new neighbours which im sure that wont be the case. :no:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
People like that [MENTION=15628]Biscuitsmom[/MENTION] are the reason why I never wanted neighbors! Do you have a dogcatcher in your town? If so, when you see the dogs running loose,call. Idiots like that are the type to have a pitbull who can wind up hurting someone-or killing someone else's pet. If you have leash laws,call the law! There is no way to "kindly" deal with morons like that-as you can tell,as they already got one of their animals killed and didn't learn -DUH!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG... I hate people sometimes!!!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Call the authorities and request that they enforce the law. Take a cell phone video of the dogs at large. Once they start getting hit in the wallet they'll change their behavior.

Fully agree, Here we shoot them or at least can shoot them , now you guys know Me better then that and it would not enter my mind unless it was showing harm to me or Mine and the owner had been warned of the issue first to keep them away . I am sorry for that Cane Corso tho I blam the idiot owners for that poor thing loosing its life . They need a coming to God talk to Me .

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
People like that [MENTION=15628]Biscuitsmom[/MENTION] are the reason why I never wanted neighbors! Do you have a dogcatcher in your town? If so, when you see the dogs running loose,call. Idiots like that are the type to have a pitbull who can wind up hurting someone-or killing someone else's pet. If you have leash laws,call the law! There is no way to "kindly" deal with morons like that-as you can tell,as they already got one of their animals killed and didn't learn -DUH!

My son has 2 pitbulls and they are absolutely adorable and no mean bones in them. Not the breed the issue but the owners. :yes:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I do not mean blaming the dog-but the more freedom to roam at will,does tend to bring out the "wild" in some dogs. Also I believe the breeding of these dogs by irresponsible People??! doesn't help breed the best to the best-sometimes they want the worst to the worst! That's my story,an ahm stickin' to it! :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.