Which dremel do you use?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Which dremel do you use? Reviews for the pet one's usually say they aren't good enough. I think mine may be better with it than clippers.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Mine is a multitool, not designed for pets. They are much more durable and cost effective.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I would agree. The pet one worked fine for a while but then it wasn't able to hold a charge. I bought a Dremel 120 V multi tool that plugs in and it has worked great for over a year so far. And I can use it for non-nail trimming projects.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Which bit do you use? Is there a specific abrasion grade?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Right now I am using the sanding bands that came with the kit and they are 60-grit. They work fine but I think I prefer a slightly finer grit. I think I used the 120-grit with the previous Dremel.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I use the 120v multi tool. It's a 2 speed model and I run it on high. I also use the course(60grit) sanding drum. The faster it cuts the better. When it starts wearing out it takes too long to file the nails and the nail gets hot. The patient does not like hot nails. One drum will do about 10 bullies or 180 nails. I have a battery powered model too but it won't do more than 6-7 bullies at a time and that won't get it when we have nail trimming get togethers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our groomer uses the one you buy in Lowe's/Home Depot... not the pet product as they are not durable enough

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.