Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Penny's getting ACL surgery tomorrow. [emoji31]

Doggie Boutique Owner Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Penny's getting ACL surgery tomorrow.

We'll get through it @rjisaterp! Vet just text me. They haven't started yet - but all pre-op work is done and everything looks great. Next update will be after the surgery. I write this with tears welling up now.

I actually found a TPLO Home Recovery Program Booklet. It broke down all stages of healing and what therapies to do when and how long. I'm going to bring that in tomorrow and see if its vet approved.

As soon as she gets the "OK" for swimming, I'll be taking her to the therapy resort for swimming in the hopes that we can build that muscle up.

I also have a wagon that she LOVES to ride in. I'll probably stuff it with a comforter and take her a evening rides to get her out of the house and out if her crate so she wont get depressed. Im just worried that im going to do something wrong and she wont heal right. UGH- this is stressful.
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

2. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, Manydogs liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

I know that feeling after you drop them off and waiting is just awful. Hang in there, you'll get through this. We are here for you and Penny is so lucky to have a mom who will do right by her and get her feeling better and healing right as quickly as possible

4. Likes rjisaterp, Manydogs liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Corine Pesantes;676270]We'll get through it @rjisaterp! Vet just text me. They haven't started yet - but all pre-op work is done and everything looks great. Next update will be after the surgery. I write this with tears welling up now.

Okay...now my eyes are welling up as I'm sure other EBN'ers are too...domino effect!

Just read poor Roger's statement about blubbering too

Praying even more over all of us...two surgeries going on is wrecking me, ugh!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    We'll get through it @rjisaterp! Vet just text me. They haven't started yet - but all pre-op work is done and everything looks great. Next update will be after the surgery. I write this with tears welling up now.

I actually found a TPLO Home Recovery Program Booklet. It broke down all stages of healing and what therapies to do when and how long. I'm going to bring that in tomorrow and see if its vet approved.

As soon as she gets the "OK" for swimming, I'll be taking her to the therapy resort for swimming in the hopes that we can build that muscle up.

I also have a wagon that she LOVES to ride in. I'll probably stuff it with a comforter and take her a evening rides to get her out of the house and out if her crate so she wont get depressed. Im just worried that im going to do something wrong and she wont heal right. UGH- this is stressful.
    I'm so late to the boards today.... hugs, hugs and positive thoughts. praying all is going well
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes CCandMurray, rjisaterp liked this post
    Real Name
    Kyrie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank & Nala
    Likes (Received)

Ugh! It's been way too long! Life really has been chaotic lately.

In other news- Penny's jump from the couch in July has progressed into a complete tear in her left leg.

My baby is going to have to go under tomorrow, doing TPLO. I'm so nervous for her and her recovery and feel bad that she doesn't even know how much pain she's going to be in tomorrow.

Any and all advice with recovery and therapy will be well received.

The place where she is having her surgery is local and also offers a rehab center.

But all in all please say a prayer for my sweet Penny. That she has a swift recovery, while being as comfortable and pain free as possible. Also that her right leg doesn't tear either! I'm looking into a sling to help her get around and to avoid putting all that pressure on the opposite leg.

Thank you everyone in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope Penny is recovering well. My bully Tank just got diagnosed with a torn ACL my vet recommended TPLO surgery. I read the comments in your post. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. I felt like such a bad dog mom when I got the vet call. He was trying to jump on the bed.
    what has the recovery been like? Did your vet recommend therapy afterwards? If so what kind

9. Likes HrsDiva liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Wow just reading this now.... penny penny penny, make momma pround as you always do. You got that baby girl
    Corine you have 2 great troopers! Hang in there she'll be fine!! LJ is going great so will Ms Penny.

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie06 View Post
    Hope Penny is recovering well. My bully Tank just got diagnosed with a torn ACL my vet recommended TPLO surgery. I read the comments in your post. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. I felt like such a bad dog mom when I got the vet call. He was trying to jump on the bed.
    what has the recovery been like? Did your vet recommend therapy afterwards? If so what kind
    Don't feel bad at all. Penny jumped off of the couch ONE time and this happened. My other bulldog Lockjaw will run and jump on and off all the couches while trying to play (he's totally not allowed to do that - he's just crazy hyper!)
    She is actually doing pretty amazing! Vet said she could do normal walking around the house, but just in and out and ALWAYS leashed when going potty. Being a week out now, she's trying to get around a little more and walking a little better. She rested herself for most of the first week- which shocked me. So I didn't have to kennel her- except at night and while we are at work. The swelling is starting to subside now as well. I haven't had to help her at all to eat or use the bathroom. She has only been on rimadyl and seems to do fine with that. Just today I'm going to take her down to 1/2 a rimadyl instead of 1 a day. I don't want her to feel TOO good and try to do more that what she's able to do.
    Vet didn't talk about a specific therapy regiment right now. She gets her staples out next week, then I will probably start taking her swimming. Although, I do massage her leg and ice it.
    We were home with her for the first 5 days too.
    All in all- for being the first week in and hearing and reading about the surgery and other recovery stories - Penny's experience hasn't been anything close to what I've read. I anticipated it being soooooo much worse than what it has been. So either she tolerates pain REALLY well, or she was just truly blessed to have as best of a recovery as I think she could have gotten. Maybe it's her age- 16 months, so still a puppy? But at the end of he day- she walks soooo much better and easier now after the surgery than before.
    This is all still new to us, but I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Plus there's plenty of other members that have gone through this type of surgery- unfortunately it's pretty common.
    Good Luck!

"Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

12. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Wow just reading this now.... penny penny penny, make momma pround as you always do. You got that baby girl
    Corine you have 2 great troopers! Hang in there she'll be fine!! LJ is going great so will Ms Penny.
    Thank you!!! She's truly doing amazing! Better recovery than her spay/nares surgery! Crazy right?!?
    One week down, 11-15 to go. LOL!!

14. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

I give Nyala turmeric and ginger in her food. I also take tumeric but mine is in capsule with bcm-95. I'm more on the natural side and maintaining throughout lifetime.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/draxe.co...ent=ms-android.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Ugh! It's been way too long! Life really has been chaotic lately.

In other news- Penny's jump from the couch in July has progressed into a complete tear in her left leg.

My baby is going to have to go under tomorrow, doing TPLO. I'm so nervous for her and her recovery and feel bad that she doesn't even know how much pain she's going to be in tomorrow.

Any and all advice with recovery and therapy will be well received.

The place where she is having her surgery is local and also offers a rehab center.

But all in all please say a prayer for my sweet Penny. That she has a swift recovery, while being as comfortable and pain free as possible. Also that her right leg doesn't tear either! I'm looking into a sling to help her get around and to avoid putting all that pressure on the opposite leg.

Thank you everyone in advance!

Saw this though of you!

https://youtu.be/w_f6eOvsSWo

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Saw this though of you!

https://youtu.be/w_f6eOvsSWo
    LMBO! I saw that today!!! Penny wild ride in that thing like a boss!

19. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

When I saw the video I just cracked up. All I saw is Ms Penny in her buggy. Just not purple hahahaha

21. Likes Corine Pesantes, 2BullyMama, HrsDiva liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads