4 month puppy just swallowed a chicken bone

gnr9933

Aug 22, 2016
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
James
A friend dropped a chicken wing on the floor and my pup swallowed it whole. Has this ever happened to any body else???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yikes! No, i would call you vet for advice. I'm not sure the can digest a whole bone like that?
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Was it raw or cooked? If it was raw it can go both ways, if your pup is use to eating bones. It can digest or it can come up. If it was cooked I would most definedly take the pup to se a vet, since cooked bones can splinter can cause damage in the dogs digestive system.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Was it raw or cooked? If it was raw it can go both ways, if your pup is use to eating bones. It can digest or it can come up. If it was cooked I would most definedly take the pup to se a vet, since cooked bones can splinter can cause damage in the dogs digestive system.
!!!!!THIS THIS THIS!!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I actually had this happen with mine when he was about the same age. Try to get the dog to eat a piece of bread, this will help soften the broken bone pieces as they are digesting. I did that and then also a bland diet (ground beef or chicken and rice for a week and he was good as new. If I remember correctly the first 12 hours or so he vomited a couple times, then had loose stools. If he's not vomiting or pooping after it's been 12-24 hours I would take him in to the vet for x rays. If he becomes lethargic and isn't eating or drinking I would bring him into the vet immediately. Good luck and please keep us posted

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree call a vet and ask their opinion. As others have aid, just watch him and if he changes in behavior, definitely take him in.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=16260]gnr9933[/MENTION], how is James doing?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.