Allergy/Fromm Lamb & Lentil Question

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Fezzik's allergies have been having a major flare up ever since September hit. His face is constantly red as is the area between his ears. His ears are red, but not yeasty or dirty. He is constantly licking his paws. I am stepping up his face and paw cleaning and soaking regimens, but I wanted to try a switch in his food.

I think he does well on the Hasen Duckenpfeffer, but his face is still usually red so I wanted to try something without potatoes. Has anyone tried the Lamb and Lentil?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Personally I didn't have good results with any of the Fromms we tried: pork and peas, beef frittata but for some reason the lamb and lentil was the worst. I've read a lot of positive posts about the duck variety but mine doesn't do well with duck (bad tear stains) I'm having good results with natures variety salmon it's a great food just wish it wasn't so pricey

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
have you looked at pork and peas? I can't use lamb as Lambeau is allergic to lamb.... go figure :blink:

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
have you looked at pork and peas? I can't use lamb as Lambeau is allergic to lamb.... go figure :blink:

Fezzik seems allergic to chicken. I've tried pork and peas, beef frittata, and hassen deuckenpfeffer. He has done best on the hassen duckenpfeffer and his coat really started to feel sleek. His face redness never went away no matter how often I cleaned it or what I used. This past month he has been itchy and has pink skin on the top of his head and ears where he normally doesn't.

It is probably environmental, but I'm not certain it couldn't be the food since he has never been perfect on it. I think allergy testing is in store for this bubba.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree... i see allergy test will help. Lambeau is allergic to so much in the environment it is hard to keep his eyes from watering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We found out that Harlea is allergic to lamb when we tried it but my other pup does great on it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
This is a picture of his pink face and ears. Eye drainage has been normal.

Fezz pink face.jpg

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bentley has been eating the various Fromm products. Beef Frittata, Lamb with Lentil, and Pork and Peas gave him the itches. Currently, Bentley is eating Pork and Applesauce without any problem.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
This is a picture of his pink face and ears. Eye drainage has been normal.

View attachment 101568

Bentley is the same way and his R ear is giving him trouble. We are going to the vet with him this afternoon and I will post what we find out. I am attributing this to yeast as he has been licking his paws, scratching his chin, and R ear. Mug and paws are red. Hmmm...sounds like Paw and mouth disease. on a more serious note, i will post after we return from the vet.

Bentley is missing his sister right now even though I took him with to drop her off this morning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.