Thread: Millie's fears

Bulldog(s) Names
    Millie
    Likes (Received)

Default Millie's fears

So I have had Millie for 6 months now. I got her from a friend at work. I give her lots of love and attention (ok, let's face it, she is spoiled). I give her a bath every other Sunday and she still is scared to death of the water. I spoke to my friend and found out that when she was about 3 months old he let her out in the front yard and was not watching her, she was hit by a car and thrown into a little pond that is about waist deep. I wonder why hedidn't tell me from the beginning. It would have not bothered me, but I would have known that I needed to be alittle more sensitive to her fear of the water. Is there anyway to calm her nerves and soothe her fear before I put her in the bath?
    Stacy L Everingham

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Millie's fears

Such a sad story. I have a dog with the fear of water and no idea why. I don't know exactly the way to go about it, but I am sure someone on here will.

Always with me

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Poor Millie!! It will just take her time to realize its not going to "hurt" her. It's a trust issue, and that had to be a traumatic experience. If she spazzes out, talk to her and pet her and let her know u love her and thats all she will need and eventually she will overcome this fear
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I think it will take time but making the experience positive should help! Lots of love and maybe a treat!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Lucy-licious

Aww por baby no wonder she's frightened

Lucy doesnt like getting in the water but loves the shower so i put the plug in the bath with no water in and by the time were finished with her wash theres about an inch or so but she doesnt mind so much by then and she'll splash a little before she gets out.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Millie
    Likes (Received)

thank you all......I will try the shower instead of a bath, and keep doing what I am doing
    Stacy L Everingham

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

awww, i hope she can overcome this. i hope the shower suggestion works. i like the treat idea too...my boy seems to forget his surroundings when he sees food.
    Amy

heff101

Guess I am lucky. Heff loves his bath and he lovesssssssssss the hair dryer. He loves to be pampered.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

poor baby girl! like @rayers said, it's a trust issue as well, so give her time to learn that the water isn't a bad thing in your house. i would treat during bathtime. that way she'll associate bath time with goodies and eventually she will like it more or at least be more comfortable. i would also walk her to tire her out before bathtime, so she doesn't have the energy to be frightened or spazzy.

Remove Ads