Millie's fears

staclyn

Jan 27, 2011
Milford, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
So I have had Millie for 6 months now. I got her from a friend at work. I give her lots of love and attention (ok, let's face it, she is spoiled). I give her a bath every other Sunday and she still is scared to death of the water. I spoke to my friend and found out that when she was about 3 months old he let her out in the front yard and was not watching her, she was hit by a car and thrown into a little pond that is about waist deep. I wonder why hedidn't tell me from the beginning. It would have not bothered me, but I would have known that I needed to be alittle more sensitive to her fear of the water. Is there anyway to calm her nerves and soothe her fear before I put her in the bath?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Such a sad story. I have a dog with the fear of water and no idea why. I don't know exactly the way to go about it, but I am sure someone on here will.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Poor Millie!! It will just take her time to realize its not going to "hurt" her. It's a trust issue, and that had to be a traumatic experience. If she spazzes out, talk to her and pet her and let her know u love her and thats all she will need and eventually she will overcome this fear

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I think it will take time but making the experience positive should help! Lots of love and maybe a treat!

L

Lucy-licious

Aww por baby :hug: no wonder she's frightened

Lucy doesnt like getting in the water but loves the shower so i put the plug in the bath with no water in and by the time were finished with her wash theres about an inch or so but she doesnt mind so much by then and she'll splash a little before she gets out.

OP
staclyn

staclyn

Jan 27, 2011
Milford, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
thank you all......I will try the shower instead of a bath, and keep doing what I am doing

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
awww, i hope she can overcome this. i hope the shower suggestion works. i like the treat idea too...my boy seems to forget his surroundings when he sees food. :whistle:

H

heff101

Guess I am lucky. Heff loves his bath and he lovesssssssssss the hair dryer. He loves to be pampered.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
poor baby girl! like [MENTION=1790]rayers[/MENTION] said, it's a trust issue as well, so give her time to learn that the water isn't a bad thing in your house. i would treat during bathtime. that way she'll associate bath time with goodies and eventually she will like it more or at least be more comfortable. i would also walk her to tire her out before bathtime, so she doesn't have the energy to be frightened or spazzy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.