Afraid of the dark and what a way to "EXPRESS" it...

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Awhile back...My husband came home from work. He and Sarge both came into the home office while I was working. And PHEW! Something stank...Hubby left and the smell left...he came back in and so did the smell. And I told him..."GO TAKE A SHOWER YOU STINK!" Well he was offended...he only had done estimates all day and shouldn't have stunk.

Sarge always hates being left outside at night...Later we realized it was Sarge who stunk...come to learn that he's really afraid of the dark. And was left out by my husband and something scared him. And he expressed his own annal glands! And had brought the smell in with him. He's always hated being outside at night...but poor fella is so afraid of the dark that he can Express how much he hates it...by Expressing his Annal Glands!

Here he kept coming into the office and leaving as my husband did that night...thus I felt it was my husband since Sarge hadn't stunk prior to my husband coming home.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
:LMAO:This story never gets old in telling...though the husband can finally laugh about my thinking it was he that stunk as bad as Annal Glands. At the time...and a while after he was NOT laughing...:whistle:

[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] Don't be surprised if one day...she doesn't scare herself to the point of such a deed. I have learned it's more common than I had originally thought.

[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION] Actually...I didn't learn that night what had happened...after I through such a fit...and he took a shower...and "he still" stunk. Did I learn that Sarge was following him from room to room...:whistle:

[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] We have a wooded ravine beside our home...and a wooded lot on the opposite side of the house. So...who knows what scared him. But with him being afraid of the dark anyways...any slight movement could have done it I'm thinking...

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION]
Maybe have Ahsoka go outside with Sarge at night!

There's always that!;) And she's willing to always go outside...and has no fear of anything. Curious nature she has. Though she likes to get into a herding low crouch...and loves to surprise Sarge or Tank while she's outside...so that might not be a good thing now that I think about it.

Though honestly, I think Sarge's problem stemmed from my husband NOT turning on the outside light on for Sarge...he swears I spoil those dogs...BUT...if you know he's leery of the dark then why not turn the light on? I don't care of your outside with him or not...have the light on. Since the stinky situation...and we learned what happened...trust me. The hubby turns on the outside light.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online