bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Sooooo bella has an ulcer in her eye anyone ever had this to worry about? her vet made a serum out of her own blood for us to drop in her eye every four hours its on the second layer of her eye making it protrude to the second layer it hasnt ruptured yet thats what we are trying to keep from happening. it must be better because the vet says once a week visit instead of every morning.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh, poor Bella! Castor had an ulcer (probably from a twig or grass) and he got some drops (antibiotic drops, I think?). Healed pretty quickly. I've not heard of the serum kind of treatment you are describing. Wishing Bella a speedy recovery!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Murray has had one for about a month, he's been on tobramycin drops and had been on rymadyl and doxycycline. I don't have experience with the treatment that Bella has had but I do remember reading about it, hope it goes well and Bella is feeling better soon!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Murray has had one for about a month, he's been on tobramycin drops and had been on rymadyl and doxycycline. I don't have experience with the treatment that Bella has had but I do remember reading about it, hope it goes well and Bella is feeling better soon!

Was about to mention you.
[MENTION=3193]bella100[/MENTION].... blood drops...first time I hear that. Interesting. Don't worry Stacy bella will be fine. :yes:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Was about to mention you.
[MENTION=3193]bella100[/MENTION].... blood drops...first time I hear that. Interesting. Don't worry Stacy bella will be fine. :yes:

Something about how using their own blood makes it heal faster from what I remember reading

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter and Winston has had them, but I've never heard of using their blood to heal them. I'm curious to see if that is faster... normally they heal up fine, but make sure Bella doesn't scratch the eye to make it worse.

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
My Tuney had a reoccurring ulcer that would not heal completely. She ended up having to have a procedure where they scraped the surface of the eye to promote the healing. The eye is doing great now on maintenance ointment Optimmune 2x daily

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Bella! Frank has had a couple of ulcers in the past year and has gotten a variety of antibiotics and a corneal repair gel. I haven't heard of the self-serum treatment....very interesting. You will have to report back on how it works! Sending positive thoughts and hugs to Bella for a speedy recovery!

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Walter and Winston has had them, but I've never heard of using their blood to heal them. I'm curious to see if that is faster... normally they heal up fine, but make sure Bella doesn't scratch the eye to make it worse.

the example they used was "its like a skin graft" but with the eye use her blood to make a layer over it to help it get better and its working she only has to go every week now for them to check it instead of everyday :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the example they used was "its like a skin graft" but with the eye use her blood to make a layer over it to help it get better and its working she only has to go every week now for them to check it instead of everyday :yes:

WOW... technology ! How is the princess doing?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
shes good its almost gone! :w00t:

SOOOO great to hear, my moms bully just had a eye Ulcer treated, for her she needed some drops and contact lens, for two weeks, and I had never heard of your treatment and was curious to see how it worked out, so glad your baby is feeling better!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online