helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have NO clue where Nyala put her face as it still smells cat pee. I when to have her wash at a pet shop with full shampoo, sprays oh and treats :) A spa day! Smell disappeared. Today its back!!! So I had no choice but to try to pin point where on her that smell comes from. It's her face but her mouth to be precise. Yes in her mouth. Not on her flubby cheeks but mouth. I put a spray I made for her with pure grade essential oils around her flubby cheeks you just want to squeeze :rolleyes: and still has that smell.

Regarding changes in her food...cause I know you will ask :) New thing is ACV in her water. I just put 1 teaspoon in her water, she also has Acana lamb only and fruit/veggies 50/50 topped with turmeric, ginger, boiled liver, heart n broth. Hmmm as im typing this I wonder if its not the turmeric or ginger... that would really be that very last 2 new things ive added.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Maybe she ate a cat and it's stuck between her teeth. Some cat floss might help.

OK, on a more serious note, there may be something stuck between her teeth...like string, hair, a piece of a toy or bone...or she may just need a dental.
Our Zoey went to the Vet with wicked bad breath. We were going to have a dental done...teeth cleaning. Vet looked her over and said her teeth were great. The smell was coming from under her rope. We had not been so diligent with our "fold cleaning" and she had developed an infection. Some topical antibiotics and regular cleanings for one week and she was smelling delightful again. We are are better with keeping her folds clean now.
Nyala doesn't appear to have much of a rope but this is just an example of what might be going on. Sometimes what's obvious to us ends up not being the problem.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] There are two plants that smell like cats pee. One is boxwood, and the other is valerian. Perhaps you have them in your yard, and Nyala is sticking her face in them. Either that or a cat is peeing nearby and Nyala finds it!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala doesn't have the big rope like most of your dogs. She's always clean as I wipe her down with unsented baby wipes from Costco. Ears, skin, paws, tail pocket and all. It's coming from her mouth/tip area. Will check her teeth again and what's in my veggie garden as my grass is like a golf course. Has to be in the veggie garden if there is something. Or like you said went to put her nose where a car has been as there are lots of cats in my area.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
interesting.... will like to hear if you find the culprit..

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sounds like a combination of the new items. I hope you resolve it soon. I dislike the cat pee smell myself.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was thinking the ACV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ACV would do that?

It is possible... might be how it mixes with her personal scent. When i use it for Lambeau ears.. very odd odor for a day or two

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ACV would do that?

Ok... i was in the garden all day today--- any chance you have boxwood scrubs in your yard/garden? Damn things smell just like cat piss

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok... i was in the garden all day today--- any chance you have boxwood scrubs in your yard/garden? Damn things smell just like cat piss

Nope

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.