Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning All!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

SO - Ellie has ALWAYS Loved going in the car, and riding shot gun.

Long story short - when she first started staying home from daycare for the summer, when I would take her out to potty at my lunch break she always tried to get in the car, but she has been home for past few months, SO today it is cool enough for her start back at daycare, and when I tried to get her in the car today she was TERRIFIED, and trembled, but mommy soothed her the WHOLE way to daycare, which helped, and when she saw she was at daycare, she was THRILLED!!

Question - Has your bully ever enjoyed something, but then feared it later?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO... well to be honest, YES this has happened to us. My boxer would LOVE to ride in the car, and jump in the back and for some reason she started trembling when we would get near the car. We had to pick her up and place her in the back, which wasn't easy since she weighed about 60 some pounds. We decided to take her on short trips to the park, not just the vets or the groomers... and she grew out of it, but we could never figure out what happened.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, yeah. Lately, without any reason, Tank is nervous when I take him out of car, just spreads his paws like he is struggling for his dear life, scratching everything and everyone he can reach around. Going in is no problem, he comes and waits for me to put him in, he is happy to stretch on the back seat, but the moment of getting out seems like he is very scared. We cannot figure out what's wrong:ashamed:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yup yup yup.... go elsewhere than just where she's use to. In a bit we are going to Banff national park and going to bring her. Make her walk along the river, people, stores so she gets the hang of going other places. One problem I find is lifting ger up each time as [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] mentioned the get heavy especially when they cant jump in them big high pickups. So basically bring Ms Ellie other fun places. :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes Bentley hesitates going outside when it is dark...like he regressed back to when he was a puppy. But if he has to go...he'll go outside and go.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks hated the car from day one till her last day... she did not like that she was not in 'control'... independent little beeeoch! Anyway, I used Xanax for long rides, but short rides I used Adaptil ... little spray where she will be sitting a few minutes before she gets in... it does help somewhat

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Funny, was going to the park again and Nyala goes in and out ok from the truck. But while driving today she had her head between the door n seat looked nervous. She reminded me of an ostrich lol. I think it was the seat. I have leather seats and there's a blanket but she still slides a bit. Got her a cover earlier, one side is rubber n other is material. Hopefully she'll have a better grip. Or I'll get her a booster seat hahahaha

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Just recently Dudley has decided he's scared of the trays we eat our food off while sat on the sofa, he was never bothered before but now runs into the other room as soon as we stand up! i swear if someone saw it they would think we had been beating him with the tray at some point!
Hes also decided he's afraid of his favourite treats if you try to give him one in your hand he cowers down and won't take it but if you put it on the floor he picks it up happily with his tail wagging :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.