Does your Living room stay a mess from dog toys???

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I am and always have been OCD as far as my house goes :lol: It drives me :crazy: if its not clean. Since we have had Chaos, the living room stays a mess......toys EVERYWHERE. He dumps his toy box out completely, then he will pick and scatter through them until he finds the 1 toy he wants to take to his bed.:confused: I am learning to live with the toy mess but that lil rascal better know how much I :heart: my :bully:

L

Lucy-licious

Thats one thing that family has taught me, tidying is best left until past their bedtime otherwise its endless.
Looking round my livingroom I currently have:

1rubber pink bone,
1 chewy glove,
1 rope toy,
1 string of sausages,
3 cushions,
1 playstation game box and
1 drool towel
Lay on the floor in one place or another plus a coffee table full of half made Lego.

At 7 pm is Lucy will start to settle down and I wiil tidy her stuff,
And at 9 Connor will tidy hs stuff away or face the wrath of mum :lol:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am like you rayers and I think I am going to go insane when I have kids one day because the clutter will drive me insane! Lucky for me for now Samson only has a few toys because there are only a couple toys on the market that he can't destroy (once destroyed he would eat the pieces which is obviously dangerous) so there aren't enough toys to make my living room feel cluttered.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
ha i do the same thing i let them play all day w toys then at night when they r tucked and sleeping i pick up their toys it takes a bit b/c sometimes they go under the couch and table etc. but i wouldn't trade them for the world. i love my bullies :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Get or build a TOY box that they can't overturn with a latchable lid.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
They out grow it...Sarge was like that...searching for a toy and the entire toy box would get emptied. Now...he's grown out of doing that. And now...bring in the other pup...She doesn't search for just one toy...but MUST have all her toys lined up where she can see them. :lol: I figured...this too shall pass. In the meantime...I try and overlook it as much as I can...and then I gather them. But I toss one of her toys into the next room. And while she retrieves it...I put a few away. So she doesn't catch me doing this. Or...she'll drag them out as fast as I put them away sometimes...I can say..."Leave it" and she will...but not for long and out they all come again.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
its actually pretty funny to watch. I have gotten use to it, I just pick them up while hes napping, the he drags them out again and so we play pete and repeat all day :) his toys make him happy so I guess I can handle it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My living room used to be that way and I thought my god how much more stuff can we get all over our house?!?! Then we had Sierra and now we have ALL of her stuff everywhere. I packed up most the boys toys they dont use so they arent the problem BUT Sierra likes to empty their toy box out and share their toys with them. I give up, my house is a disaster! haha

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am a bit OCD myself, Vegas will dump his toy basket just to dump it, then he walks away. He has his favorites in his crate and will pull those out. I find myself picking up frequently. He has begun dragging out his blanket and trying to take it to the living room, tripping over it the whole way as he is pulling and walking on the blanket at the same time, and every time he does it goes on top of his crate, the blanket on the floor would put me over the edge :lol:, I am hoping he catches on that every time he does this, it gets put up til bedtime. (No such luck is my guess!)

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Well... his name is Chaos :lol:

It's a losing battle here.. I only pick them up when someone is coming over.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I spend my life picking up toys! Our youngest granddaughter is here all day. She's 9 months old and so we play "musical" toys all day, everyday. I don't want the dogs tearing up her toys and don't want her putting the dog toys in her mouth. So I put all her stuff away when she goes for a nap, (morning nap and afternoon nap) and all the dog toys come out and the girls can either come in from outside, or come out of their crates. Then once she wakes up, all the dog stuff is put away, the girls go back outside and all the baby stuff comes back out.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I don't have that problem INSIDE the house because for some reason it is apparently not possible to leave the house to go pee and/or poop without a toy in Daddy's mouth. One of our schnauzers, and the schnauzer/poodle mix is just as bad. So right now all but two of the toys are out in the yard somewhere in the snow, and probably will make their way back in once it's melted and they can be found again!!

Wigglesworth

Feb 14, 2011
Putnam County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Woody
My view of toys is: less is more.

3 toys: nylabone, kong frisbee and a stuffed toy (all made in the US!)

I'm combatting resource guarding with my rescue, so I give him a toy when he's good, and after we work on commands as a reward. I sequester it after about 8 minutes (unless he's getting his chew on with the nylabone). He gets plenty of play time, and he knows who the alpha dog is!

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
We used to apologize to our friends when they came over until we realized they had young kids. Who knew? You don't even have to have regular kids to apologize about your messy house! Bullys will do it too!

Hudson won't dump out toys, he'll find them and drag them out, play for a few minutes. "oh look! A toy!"

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online