Learned a new word...

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Apparently Fezzik has learned a word I didn't teach him. I asked him if he was hungry. His ears perked up and he looked back at me while licking his lips. He then proceeded to get up from where he was sitting by me and go over to his food container. At that point I had to of course feed him dinner at that time or he would have never let me hear the end of it.

So I guess he has inadvertently learned what the word hungry is. Now if only he responded this way if I asked if he had to go potty.

Arcanine

Sep 21, 2016
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
no
Lovely...while mine is so bothering when he's hungry.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
LOL...bulldogs are smart, a lot of people don't know this fact.

All of them here have all of us waiting on their every whim!

Cami & I send love from Texas!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yeah, bullies are very smart! Bella learned "dinner" and "breakfast" pretty quickly. Also, she knows when I get her water bottle, we are going for a walk. (I've used her water bottle only a handful of times.) Yesterday, I walked over to her water bottle, and she perked up and sat at the front door.

Such a smarty!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
My dogs know "hungry" also and will come running. They also think "want some?" means they're getting a treat of human food. Bulldogs being dumb is a myth, they're stubborn but smart little cookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My dogs know "hungry" also and will come running. They also think "want some?" means they're getting a treat of human food. Bulldogs being dumb is a myth, they're stubborn but smart little cookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely! She's actually scary-smart to me. She learns words that I don't even say a lot. She also knows how to get under mommy's skin. :evil:

Take THAT Border Collies! :smilet:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Apparently Fezzik has learned a word I didn't teach him. I asked him if he was hungry. His ears perked up and he looked back at me while licking his lips. He then proceeded to get up from where he was sitting by me and go over to his food container. At that point I had to of course feed him dinner at that time or he would have never let me hear the end of it.

So I guess he has inadvertently learned what the word hungry is. Now if only he responded this way if I asked if he had to go potty.

Selective hearing or smartness.... :ponder:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online