Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I don't have problems with FTSE taking meds he just eats them but when it comes to food that's another matter but I did have trouble with my pug Pugsley he would not have them and then I bought liver wurst and hid it in that and he ate it also what about peanut butter

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Alright, pro-peanut butter people,

I dipped the pill in peanut butter, and I dropped it in her kibble. She ate it with no problem.

She's a smart one, though, so hopefully she never figures it out. :pray:

image.jpeg

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Yep that's what I do too the cheese is particularly good as you can mould the pill into the cheese. But I have no problem giving George pills he will eat anything ;)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor recommends raw meat but says Swedish meatballs or a small sausage might work too.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We also use cheese or turkey, wrap the pill up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is getting ridiculous.

Initially, I was was able to give pills to Bella in her kibble. She'd gobble up everything in ignorance. [God, how I miss those days!]

In her brilliance, however, Bella started eating around the pills. Then, I started giving them to her in a spoonful of yogurt. Then, she started swallowing the yogurt and spitting out the pills. Feeling like had no options, I started putting them on the back of her tongue and lifting her head. This sucks so bad! It's messy and she hates it. It got to the point where she wouldn't come to me for her meals. She actually skipped a meal because she wouldn't come to me to get her pill.

The poor thing was getting a lot of pills, so I know she hated life. But now, she's back to getting just 1/2 an Apoquel with breakfast. Still, though, I can't get her to take it without putting it on the back of her tongue.

Please tell me there is a better way.

View attachment 101257

Either watermelon or vanilla ice cream... both are cold so they just swallow

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Alright, pro-peanut butter people,

I dipped the pill in peanut butter, and I dropped it in her kibble. She ate it with no problem.

She's a smart one, though, so hopefully she never figures it out. :pray:

View attachment 101260

I LOVE THAT FACE

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Never seen any dog that does not love OLD CHEESE , all I do is cut a square block ( depending on the size of the pill ) sort of drill a hole in it again size of pill , insert , pop in there mouth poof gone , you cane use what I call plastic cheese also that flat crappy cheese ya put on burgers on the grill terrible stuff . works great for My guys

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We use EZCheese

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
2nd day, peanut butter still working. :D

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
2nd day, peanut butter still working. :D
We used to use peanut butter and had great results...but it was a little messy. I remember one particular morning while pilling Hoss I put a Cephalexin Capsule in a large blob of peanut butter and wiped it on the roof of his mouth. For about 30 seconds he struggled to get that stuff down, pill and PNB stuck to the roof, tongue working hard in and out of his mouth. Finally he got it loose and gulp...one last time his tongue came out, curled over his nose and back in. There he was looking at me with a PNB covered Cephalexin capsule planted directly on his nose...stuck there. He had no idea it was there and made no attempt to eat it.
I plucked it off and restarted the process, with better luck 2nd go-round.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.