When you fail to latch the bathroom door...

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
...you don't know who might join you.

I was in the shower and the bathroom door opened. I said, "hello." No answer. I peaked out to see Bentley intently rearranging the rug in front of my bathroom vanity. I asked, " what 'cha doing, buddy?" He stopped and looked up at me. I went on with my shower and next thing, Bentley was at the back of the tub poking his head in. I turned and said, "Hi Bentley." He left without a sound. Since I hadn't heard him go out, I peaked out again and saw that he had taken up guard duty on the rug by the tub. His back was leaning against the outer curtain so I had to ask permission to get out! He then moved out to the hall to wait for me.
Bentley BATHROOM RUG.jpgBentley GUARDING TUB.jpgBentley WAITING IN THE HALL.jpgHe's not usually that glued to me.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
HA HA HA , wow sounds like Rosie , from a puppy she would get her nose out of joint if I did not let her come in when I was having a shower , no interest in anyone else showering just Me .
Our shower is all glass so she sits on the step out shower rug and just stares at Me while showering , we have convo,s and she is a fan of My singing , she also thinks it is pretty cool when I splash her and to this day does not understand where the heck the water is coming from when it hits her lol
Ya wonder why we love em eh ha ha ha

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh goodness... that is Willow's new thing, she HAS to be w/me when I'm in the shower and she will lick the shower door!!! :p

OP
Kalyn

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
HA HA HA , wow sounds like Rosie , from a puppy she would get her nose out of joint if I did not let her come in when I was having a shower , no interest in anyone else showering just Me .
Our shower is all glass so she sits on the step out shower rug and just stares at Me while showering , we have convo,s and she is a fan of My singing , she also thinks it is pretty cool when I splash her and to this day does not understand where the heck the water is coming from when it hits her lol
Ya wonder why we love em eh ha ha ha

Makes you wonder what's going on in those heads of theirs! Our funny fur babies. :no:

OP
Kalyn

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Oh goodness... that is Willow's new thing, she HAS to be w/me when I'm in the shower and she will lick the shower door!!! :p

Bentley usually just sleeps while I shower or do most anything! This is not his usual thing. They have to keep us guessing, I suppose.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Hahaha[emoji23] Schultz always tries to get in the shower with me since he was a baby!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
...you don't know who might join you.

I was in the shower and the bathroom door opened. I said, "hello." No answer. I peaked out to see Bentley intently rearranging the rug in front of my bathroom vanity. I asked, " what 'cha doing, buddy?" He stopped and looked up at me. I went on with my shower and next thing, Bentley was at the back of the tub poking his head in. I turned and said, "Hi Bentley." He left without a sound. Since I hadn't heard him go out, I peaked out again and saw that he had taken up guard duty on the rug by the tub. His back was leaning against the outer curtain so I had to ask permission to get out! He then moved out to the hall to wait for me.
View attachment 101174View attachment 101175View attachment 101176He's not usually that glued to me.

I love it.... my two do the same thing -- I can not close a door otherwise they might knock it down

Arcanine

Sep 21, 2016
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
no
I saw an article bulldogs' waiting in front of our bathrooms, saying:

They're guarding you.

You're pretty vulnerable when doing most things in a bathroom.

If you're taking a shower, your field of vision is extremely limited by a shower curtain or steam on a shower door.

If you're taking a bath, you have a higher degree of immobility due to being immersed in water as opposed to your mobility when you're out of the water.

If you're on the crapper, you have your pants around your ankles (normally) and are in a very compromising position.

The pets KNOW THIS. Cool isn't it?

So your buddy is amazing!!;)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I JUST CANNOT BE AWAY FROM YOU MOM, I MISS YOU, GOTTA KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AT ALL TIMES, I JUST LOVE YOU MOM, LOVE, BENTLEY

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
What a good Bully. Sounds like Bentley was trying to help you out by rearranging the bathroom for you. What a good Boy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
To have any peace to "go", I have to close the door! When I open it, there is a line up waiting out there-they are stalkers! Bentley is a handsome guardsman!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.