I'm also going to be a foster mommy!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Just saw this on facebook, how awesome, and great that you can open your house and foster a beautiful bullie in need, hope all goes well, can't wait to hear about the adventures !!! :D

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He does not have any health issues. He was given up by his original family because they live in an attached three family housing unit and each family was told they could have one dog. Two units were occupied and when the third family moved in they complained to the landlord about the dogs, and I guess it wasn't an offical clause in the leash because all dogs had to go. Jax went to LIBR and into foster where he was for 2 days, but the foster family had a 9yr old cranky female bulldog and she wasn't putting up with Jax being a normal puppy so out he had to go and into my house he came!! He is a doll, listens to everything I say, completely potty trained, crate trained, I put him to bed around 9pm and wake him at 7am to potty and eat. He's not really a barker unless he sees frankie and brutus and then he tries to talk to them, which is really cute! He is really a one in a million rescue story, i mean how many times do you get a healthy puppy??

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Aww congratulations on the new addition. I think once Bella is a little older I will look at adopting again. Bullies are the best and it's so hard to not want a houseful of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] Just "got back" and I know what a wonderful job you did introducing Brutus and Frankie. I,too was surprised to hear that Frankie was the jealous one. Have you tried taking turns,putting one at a time with Jax? I am guessing that you have. I am also thinking that you should keep that boy! He sure sounds like a Keeper!! Just do it! Foster Fail! ha!ha!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@brutus77 Just "got back" and I know what a wonderful job you did introducing Brutus and Frankie. I,too was surprised to hear that Frankie was the jealous one. Have you tried taking turns,putting one at a time with Jax? I am guessing that you have. I am also thinking that you should keep that boy! He sure sounds like a Keeper!! Just do it! Foster Fail! ha!ha!
We have decided to keep him. His new name is Jack Daniels OToole! Lol anyway, Frankie and him are fast friends and are completely fine being together. Brutus is giving me a hard time. He is ok with him but once jack starts his puppy antics, Brutus growls and gets mad. I have had them both on leashes so I can correct his growling and the puppies jumping but I think it's going to be very slow. It will happen, I just can't rush it. gary says to just let them be together and let them figure it out but I'm not sure that's a great idea.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have decided to keep him. His new name is Jack Daniels OToole! Lol anyway, Frankie and him are fast friends and are completely fine being together. Brutus is giving me a hard time. He is ok with him but once jack starts his puppy antics, Brutus growls and gets mad. I have had them both on leashes so I can correct his growling and the puppies jumping but I think it's going to be very slow. It will happen, I just can't rush it. gary says to just let them be together and let them figure it out but I'm not sure that's a great idea.

I LOVE the new name.... it is very fitting!

Tell Gary .. NO!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did tell him no, I think it would be a terrible idea

you can do that with puppies, but I'd be very hesitant with older dogs

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Have you tried walking all 3 on leashes outside of course and if so, what happens?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] walks all 3 at once,she better be on a sled!! Oh Rosalie--I KNEW it would be a Foster Fail!!! Time will work it all out!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Another fun story to watch :) Gorgeous pup :) Going to be a great family..

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you tried walking all 3 on leashes outside of course and if so, what happens?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
Brutus is completely fine with the puppy until he starts jumping on him, then Brutus gets upset. We cannot take Brutus for a walk because he absolutely hates it and refuses to go anywhere! I have them on leashe in the backyard and in the house and Brutus just tries to ignore him. He is very friendly throught the gate. I know we will get there, it will just take time. I think as Jack gets older and not so puppy crazy it will help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online