My Senario

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Every night I bring Nyala for her last toilet business. It's dark, "pissing" rain, flood lights goes on only over the exit door which projects half the back yard. Nyala being dark colour don't help me see her if she's out of the light. As you all know them dogs wont always come if you call cause they always want to play. So she hides in the dark. Raise my voice.....Nyala...here :rain::cursing::rundog::rundog::rundog::rundog::bulldog::rundog::rundog::wtf:.... then all I see is a speedy Gonzalez running all over the back yard in and out of the light like a mad dog. Ohhhh she's over there....oh no she's on the other side.....no under the deck :sneaky2:... after 2 mins of running she finally came down the back where I was standing in her pooping pen waiting and getting wet. Madame walks in and runs to go do here #2 till she heard a dog in the background and doesn't go for her business but replies to the other dog which she never barks and takes off again! That's it in the house ! :tapfoot::tapfoot::tapfoot::aaargh::tapfoot::rain::bang::bang:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
They certainly do love the chase-especially when you're not in the mood for it! Usually Murray is good to go by himself without a leash but in times when I'm in a hurry and I mean business when I want him to hurry up and do HIS business I take him out with the leash and the harness and an umbrella I have this one small part of my lawn by my carport that is somewhat covered but still grassy and wait till he does his business and we hurry back inside. If you didn't want to go that route though maybe you could get Nyala a bright/reflective collar or harness to try to lure her back in with a treat? Just an idea. Good luck :)

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
The Julius k9 harness has a flashlight holder if you want to increase visibility. I send mine out in his harness so I can see him.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
No.....she's still in the backyard all fenced and im at the other end (big yard) lol. She's starting to go on her own without me being outside. Days she runs to her pig pen in the back and days she'll just sit there till you go with her. There's even solar lights in the back. Just the mid section is dark. Going to maybe put solar light in that area.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ha!ha! A harness with a flashlight! [MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] That's a great idea! If it's raining, I have to PUSH my dogs down the steps to get them out!! They are afraid they might shrink! @helsonwheels God forbid if I am ever in a hurray-I have to pretend I'm not!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ha!ha! A harness with a flashlight! [MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] That's a great idea! If it's raining, I have to PUSH my dogs down the steps to get them out!! They are afraid they might shrink! @helsonwheels God forbid if I am ever in a hurray-I have to pretend I'm not!

Hahaha.....pretend! !! Too funny

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you tell an awesome story to give a great visual! :laugh:

Before we had extra outside lighting installed.... we had to place an LED collar on Cheli so we could see him at night. Have you looked into getting one of those?

Cheli is very similar to Nyala in coloring

IMG_1640.JPGIMG_1642.JPGIMG_1663.JPG

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Ummm,yeah-I can't see Lizzie in the dark june6 2012 carlieplus 036.JPGand I wind up falling over her because she's at my feet!! Love Cheliled!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky is usually good about going out without a leash on but every once in a while he decides to be a butt and run from me. The neighbors think its hilarious watching me chase him through the neighborhood at night with his harness and leash in hand. He waits until you're almost to him before taking off again.

He really likes plastic baseballs and they make a lot of noise when you bounce them on the driveway so he comes running back when he hears one now so thats my way of getting him into the house now. I have to take them from him though because they will bust if he chews too hard.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
At least Chunky glows in the dark!!!!!:D Boy they are people trainers!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
What we DON'T know won't hurt us? :ROFL::ROFL: Chunky probably likes the chase!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cheli's colours are very like Nyala's. You had a beautiful Frenchie!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella does this, too. It's what I call her butthole moments. During the weekday a.m., I started taking her out with a leash.

She knows when I'm in a hurry, and I need her to be quick. She chooses these times to run around in circles in our backyard...with me chasing her. I have to chase her, so she wears herself out. Otherwise, she'll have time to catch her breath, and she'll keep revving up.

If she doesn't do that, she'll dart inside, run past her crate, run upstairs, and try to hide from me. That's NOT fun.

The leash takes care of that. :cool:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Long ago we had bulldogs Lacey, Smedley, and Naggy . They were all smart and well trained. We could turn them loose to run out the front door and to the grassy island in front of our house.
There they would do their business and run right back to us. This was routine.
Back in 2003 we got hit by Hurricane Isabel. We had no power for 10 days. Nobody had power except for a few lucky ones that had generators. When the sun went down it got dark, pitch black dark, so dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your face dark. We lived like that for several days before my son found in his closet some Glow Sticks. He found 6 tubes of 22" Glow Sticks that he'd stashed years before...he used to sell them at special events. That's 300 pcs. They saved us from the dark! They came with little connectors so that they could be linked together or made into a circle(necklace). We linked them together and ran them through the house so we could more easily move around at night and best of all we made necklaces for the bullies. At night we'd open the front door and they would take off for the island and all you could see was the glowing necklaces floating around through the darkness. It was funny, creepy, and weird all at the same time.
Anyway, get yourself some Glow Sticks and try them out for those special occasions/events. Kids love them too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online