Little help needed

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All hope everyone is good, and enjoying the last days of summer, This girl here (me) has some kind of sickness hoping not the flu, going to the ASAP today, and is going to need some extended rest today, im so used to taking care of Ellie, so with her still being a puppy and not an all day lounger/snoozer, or FULLY house trained, just looking for some ideas, on how i can rest, and still take care of her???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So very sorry, Melissa...hope you are better asap!

Are any family or friends available to help out?

Praying over you & Ellie now...xoxoxo

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Like with a newborn baby, make sure you sleep when she does.
Kennel her and cover her kennel with a sheet, towel to keep her environment dark. She may stay more settled that way.
Whenever you feel you have ANY energy, use it to wear her down. Hopefully you just have a minor virus of some sort and not the FLU. You may have waves of energy or lack thereof. Get done what you can when you feel good and rest when you don't.
Keep your girl on your schedule and I hope you feel better very soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi All hope everyone is good, and enjoying the last days of summer, This girl here (me) has some kind of sickness hoping not the flu, going to the ASAP today, and is going to need some extended rest today, im so used to taking care of Ellie, so with her still being a puppy and not an all day lounger/snoozer, or FULLY house trained, just looking for some ideas, on how i can rest, and still take care of her???

Oh nuts.... I hope you do not have the flu! Where are you again? Maybe I can drive up and take Ellie d=for a few days to give you the rest, can't say I'll return her, but it will help you rest :D

Also, even as pups, when I was sick, my guys just laid with me and slept next to me

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - Thank you so much for the advice and kind words. Went to the doc, says nothing serious, and sent me home with a 5 Day ZPack. Ellie was GREAT today, MUCH better than I expected, she stayed with me MOST of the time, or stayed close by, and mama got to rest!!

Christine-thank you for a such a nice offer, i am sure Ms Ellie would have ball with your babies, am hoping she would miss her mommy and want to come home!! :) I am only about 1 hour from you in Forks Township, PA

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Ellie probably senses you are not well and would worry if she couldn't be nearby to comfort you. But when you get better, look out!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - Thank you so much for the advice and kind words. Went to the doc, says nothing serious, and sent me home with a 5 Day ZPack. Ellie was GREAT today, MUCH better than I expected, she stayed with me MOST of the time, or stayed close by, and mama got to rest!!

Christine-thank you for a such a nice offer, i am sure Ms Ellie would have ball with your babies, am hoping she would miss her mommy and want to come home!! :) I am only about 1 hour from you in Forks Township, PA

I hope you get better and I would get the refill on the Z-Pack if you got one. 5 Days of it has never helped me but sometimes 10 days will. Azithromicin isn't as strong as it was 10 years ago.

I hate you're feeling bad but hopefully it will pass quickly

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You'll be up in no time because you know you have Ms Ellie that needs her momma. Crate her with toys so you can get a couple hours to sleep in the day.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO sorry to hear that you are sick... you need plenty of rest girl!!! As for Ellie, I would plan for about 15 min of exercise for her (ball, tug-o-war, etc...) to wear her out and then she should be ready to rest. I wish I was there to help you out... I hope that you feel better soon!!!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Feel better Melissa! Hope Ellie is being a good girl and taking good care of her momma!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi Melissa! Sorry missed that you were sick, I haven't had very much time to visit. I sure hope you're feeling better!! Sounds like Ms. Ellie is taking pretty good care of you.

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] - Chip, you are probably right, though she has been RIGHT with me the whole time, and sleeping more than me, I have TRIED, but have not success. So I'm hoping tonight will better
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] - Wes, Thank you are very kind, I will talk to the doc if I dont feel better when I finish on Monday
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] - Helene, I certainly hope so, this thing is really kicking my butt- I'm just starting to feel a little relief
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] - Oh Thank you Tracey, I wish we were closer to, I was to Nashville a few years back - LOVED IT!! Cant wait to make a return trip someday
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] - Thanks Carolyn, hope you are Murray are well. Ellie has been a trooper!!
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] - Not to worry hope all is good with you, Ellie has been much better than I had inticipated

A huge thank you to everyone for your love and support, it is truly appreciated. Hope everyone has great weekend!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] Melissa, I hope you are starting to feel better. Sorry I have not responded sooner! Get Well soon!

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] - Hi Lynn, My Jersey Girl!! Thanks so much, hope all is good your woods!! :) I am FINALLY feeling better today, fever started breaking last night. Was HORRIBLE have such a high fever for so long, and not getting relief as soon as I felt I needed it.

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
My Nurse Ellie!!

f54aab8f1bae5ee82af64e4e1873d8e3.jpg