Buying and prepping...needing suggestions

Nicoleler2385

Aug 20, 2016
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
So we get our baby in 2 weeks and I've purchased almost everything. Any suggestions on puppy pads....crates...beds? The last of what we need. And ohhh. Toys!!!???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Toy s---- nylabones and moose paddles or deer antlers are great for teething pups.

I bought the Nylabone 'baby keys' and place them in the freezer for a few minutes -- get them nice and cold, really helps with the teething

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Lots of chew toys, don't waste your $ on stuffies few are really durable. Planet dog toys are great, I've had good luck with Kong, jw and west paw design toys. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] is 100% correct those nylabone keys are a godsend and they come in two different sizes i would get the small ones initially and the big ones for later. Stainless steel bowls. Un scented baby wipes (I use burts bees baby bee or burts bees for dogs, you can use any generic unscented ones. A good stain remover when accidents happen, Nuvet or another multivitamin. Most importantly just remember to enjoy it. They can test your limits and drive you nuts at times but puppyhood goes by so fast! We are here for you, good luck :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will chew up the paper puppy pads, the best ones to get are the cotton, washable ones. Just search the web for the best place to by them. my last ones were from Lenny pads. As far as toys, we use Nylabones, and Kongs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Not much to add. All great advice. Maybe 8ne... buy your bed at Costco. Cant beat their prices. If they chew it, it wont hurt as much lol.

Welcome!

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
Pet Trex or similar playpen/kennel
Puppy litter box & litter
Comfy bed (we have a Woolrich bed in the playpen for the puppies) and a Coolaroo bed with plush bed on top for our adult dogs
Toys- I like Kong, Mammoth and West Paw

And we use Fromm grain free food

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
The Kirkland Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes work great for me, can't beat the price or quality if you frequent Costco. Use them for cleaning face after every meal time and nose rope daily, have not had any skin problems. You can get some good deals buying a lot of stuff together at sites like Pet Mountain and getting 15-20% off a large order. I looked at a LOT of crates and thought Precision Pet was just the best made for the $, very satisfied with everything about them.

I live in a rural area and don't have a good selection of high quality dog food close by so I use Chewy.com for food - great prices and excellent CS.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
You've got great advice but I think puppyproofing your home and having time for the pup will be most important! Puppyproof by rolling up rugs, blocking off your couch (we put a folded-up drying rack in front of the couch) and making sure there are no electric cords or fragile objects that the pup can chew on.

I have no experience of puppy pads - if possible, I think taking the pup out very often (like once an hour the first week and then every second hour, etc) the first months is the best way to housetrain a dog (you will want him to go outside so teaching him to go indoors seems to be a roundabout way to reach the desired behaviour).

Fot a bed, we started out with an inexpensive plastic basket dog bed and lined it with a couple of fleece blankets (inexpensive and easy to wash - you can put a duvet cover on the blankets too).

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Toy s---- nylabones and moose paddles or deer antlers are great for teething pups.

I bought the Nylabone 'baby keys' and place them in the freezer for a few minutes -- get them nice and cold, really helps with the teething

Yup, keys, for sure...and a Snuggle Puppy:

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Pet-Lo...&qid=1473683223&sr=8-2&keywords=snuggle+puppy

Also, the playpen was a life-saver for me...

https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-8-Panel...40&sr=8-1&keywords=Puppy+playpen+iris+8+panel

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.