Face Folds

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
My pup has small face folds and ive seen some pups with extreme face folds and large nose ropes at a young age. Is this something breeders look for when trying to determine the quality of breed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
The face folds get deeper with age. Mine were small and then deepened as he got older. Make sure to wipe them every day so he gets used to handling. I maintain his face folds, nose rope, ears, feet, and tail pocket at least twice a week. How often you clean them depends on how they look. For instance I have been cleaning his face and feet more than once a day in the summer. I like to use a cotton round with witch hazel and/or apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered) to clean. I then apply corn starch to keep the wrinkles dry.

Make sure you know what a tail pocket is and how to clean it. As a first bully owner I didn't know and we had a small infection we were able to clear up with cleaning.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The face folds get deeper with age. Mine were small and then deepened as he got older. Make sure to wipe them every day so he gets used to handling. I maintain his face folds, nose rope, ears, feet, and tail pocket at least twice a week. How often you clean them depends on how they look. For instance I have been cleaning his face and feet more than once a day in the summer. I like to use a cotton round with witch hazel and/or apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered) to clean. I then apply corn starch to keep the wrinkles dry.

Make sure you know what a tail pocket is and how to clean it. As a first bully owner I didn't know and we had a small infection we were able to clear up with cleaning.

great info ^^^^

Mt girl had barely any folds as a pup, but as she aged they became deeper as did her tail pocket

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo

Wow thanks. Very helpful info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Face folds...... By far my favorite rolly polly. He's not mine, just freaking awesome.
f625a392cff3ad6202b5023c2d041123.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I asked myself the same question when I first got my pup. She was my first bulldog and I was wondering if she was lacking quality because she didn't have a big full rope and lots of wrinkles. Now that I have done my research I'm kinda glad she doesn't have a big rope with tons of rolls because they seem to cause more of the breathing issues, etc. My girl has never shown any signs of health issues so far. She is 16 months now. I also think that the males are more prone to have the larger ropes and face wrinkles, not that females can't plenty do but it's way more prominent in males with big heads. Here is my girl as a puppy, a "tween" (7 months) and just a week ago. You can see how she has filled out and will continue to do so until 2 and beyond : )

Biscuit puppy by pool.jpgBiscuits first Christmas.jpgBiscuit sleeping sitting up.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.