Why am i now allergic to my bully?

WaltsMom

Jun 19, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walt
When i hug my bully or if he kisses me my arms, neck and chin are breaking out in 1/4 bumps all over. I take allergy pills and it goes away but it didnt happen until last night and today. Do you think he has a yeast problem? Or something?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Have you bathed him lately and maybe the shampoo residue isn't to your liking? Just thought. It is odd that an allergy would surface unexpectedly like this. As previously mentioned, maybe he got into something and it disagrees with your skin.
Maybe if you bathe him in something like Johnsons Baby Shampoo and rinse thoroughly this will take care of the problem.

GL!

OP
WaltsMom

WaltsMom

Jun 19, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walt
I washed him in maleseb, hopefully that takes care of the problem. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this before! Thank you!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I bought some conditioner for FTSE when he was a babie and I would get hay fever from it could it be something like this that you have only just started to use as it's strange to develop an allergy to Walt all of a sudden

OP
WaltsMom

WaltsMom

Jun 19, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walt
I bought some conditioner for FTSE when he was a babie and I would get hay fever from it could it be something like this that you have only just started to use as it's strange to develop an allergy to Walt all of a sudden

I know right? Yeah ive only been using maleseb to keep other skin issues at bay which have been good. But we did move into a house with a yard, so i dont know if there is dirt or something back there getting on him im allergic to.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I would think it's more outside blooming things or an environmental
allergen you're sensitive to, may have to wipe him down when he comes
inside.

Very interesting, please update us!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
When i hug my bully or if he kisses me my arms, neck and chin are breaking out in 1/4 bumps all over. I take allergy pills and it goes away but it didnt happen until last night and today. Do you think he has a yeast problem? Or something?

My Prettyone has the same issues , we have never found out what it is other them a allergic reaction to short haired dogs , My son has a Rat Terrier again short haired and she gets the same when touching him . With us it is only a fur touching reaction not from licking . She has grown a tollerence to it after a few years and it is not as severe as when it first occurred she does not take anything for it mind . Gl with it , The Prettyone knows I will not get rid of the Bulldogs so we live with it and it really is not to bad of a reaction here

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Could be the shampoo, dander or other allergens in your area that are sticking to the coat. I am allergic to Harlea and our rabbits but not our cats. I get weekly shots and just deal with it like I have all my life which does tend to suck.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I used to break out in a rash on my arms when I would give Chumly a hug..... but it was only in the mornings and not every day! It was really weird and I never did figure out what it was. It never stopped me though! It also happened with a Springer Spaniel we had years ago. I think it must have been dander.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Were you always allergic to your bully or just new? Like how old is your dog and/or is this issue new?

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
I will react to Diesel just touching him. My neck and face will get really warm quickly and my skin will turn bright red for a couple minutes afterwards. Totally worth the inconvenience. Odd though, Daisy (yellow lab) eats the same food, bathes with the same shampoo and everything- no reaction to her.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.