How did you decide to opt for nare and soft palate surgery?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
If nares are narrow, get them fixed when any other surgery is being done. If extremely narrow then get them done right away. If he's a candidate for Palate surgery then, if needed, do them at the same time. Enlarged palate is usually easy to ID. When the patient is hot and panting there will be a pronounced rumble(sounds like a loud snore) in their breathing. It gets worse with age as the tissue stretches and more blocks the airway. Any Vet should be able to tell for sure with a visual check. This is a surgery for a seasoned Bully vet, IMO...and requires diligent post-op observation by the owner. I recommend light meals of soft food for a couple of days after surgery. Recovery is quick.

Aww thank you,, I was going to ask about recovery time. Hanks vet has been at it for 35 years with Bulldogs and is highly recommended.. complete confidence in him… But still scary. Only thing I didn't ask him is… Is it better sooner than later as he doesn't have "problems" that are super noticeable but said he was a definite candidate. It gets real hot where I'm at, and he gets really excited at times… I just wouldn't want to chance losing him over something that could've been prevented.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We have had 4 eye surgeries plus other procedures with our OEB Abbott for entropion and cherry eye.We did the cutting out of the lashes after his first few surgeries but it was a waste of time and money.He is on his 9th week of acl surgery recovery so I'm right there with you..lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
We have had 4 eye surgeries plus other procedures with our OEB Abbott for entropion and cherry eye.We did the cutting out of the lashes after his first few surgeries but it was a waste of time and money.He is on his 9th week of acl surgery recovery so I'm right there with you..lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Im Interested in "the cutting out of lashes" being a waste of money? As in, they came back or???

Members online

No members online now.