shelleya618

Aug 19, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Peaches
I'm a first time bulldog owner.
I got peaches as a response to an ad on Kijiji... she was listed as "pocket bully" to mean that she's going to be a smaller bully.

I must admit that I didn't ask that much questions because when I saw that cute little puppy face...
I fell in love with her.

I saw the mom - she's an English bulldog.
however I'm not sure about the dad (he was not onsite when I got the puppy).

Any of you can give an opinion if my peaches is an English or if she is a mix, what could the other breed be?

can no longer find the breeder's number so can't ask.
Thank you in advance.

Peaches is 13 weeks and probably over 20lbs.
She was 17.2 lbs 3 weeks ago (last vet visit)
IMG_1243[1].png

Attachments

• IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
IMO anyone selling "pocket bullys" should be questioned.....not likely to be a responsible English Bulldog breeder. I would say she is a mix, cute nevertheless. If you want to find out what mix, you can do a gene test. For example Vetgen does those tests.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Peaches is adorable, and she does look like a mix to me. Did you get papers when you purchased her?

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hi Shelley! Peaches is beautiful! I love her markings and such a sweet face!! I agree with Riikka, probably a mix, if I had to guess I'd say that dad was a red nose pitbull. Which in my opinion means you have one great puppy!!! (I'm biased, I have one of each! Lol!) She is likely to be healthy with fewer (if any) issues that are common to English Bullies. Highly intelligent, possibly a bit stubborn with a touch of devilish puppy thrown in! You'll need to keep her out of the heat, we have several members in Canada experiencing a heat wave and Bullies and heat don't mix! Please read through our boards, there's a lot of insight, knowledge, information and help availibe here. So glad you're here, Welcome!!!
:welcome4:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I agree with what jersey said because my first thought was it looks like she has some pit bull in her. 20lbs at 13 weeks isn't going to be a small dog either. I picked up chunky when he was 12 weeks and he was 13lbs and gained 3lbs or so per week and is around 65-70 lbs now at 15 months

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:wecolme3: to EBN

What a cutie pie!!! Definitely a mix... I'm also thinking pitbull, square head makes me think that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She's adorable- look at those eyes! If she's a smaller bully "as advertised", to be honest at the age of 13 weeks it will be really hard to tell bc of the way EBDs grow. My first 2 liters of pups looked similar to yours at the age of 4-5 months, but they were all EBD, momma Molly's genes just give off a different look during adolescent growth. Even I questioned it knowing that they grow funny! They grow up after 2 months, so many Bulldogs can look like boxers from 3 months to 10 months old. They start to widen slowly after 1 year of age, until they are 3! The head grows last.

Anyway- in the end even full EBD can come in a variety of shapes and sizes. I have had as many as 8 EBDs at the same time and no two even were close to the same build, just like humans EBs come in a wide variety of colors, shapes, weights, and heights. Kinda what makes them special and unique!

Do I think yours is full blooded? Probably not.... But do I think she's EB? Close enough! She's likely going to have a little snout which will help her breathe better. If she's lean and longer legged she will be able to run and play better. So who cares, she's super adorable, you love her, and that's all that matters, right? Oh, her markings are exceptional, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and Welcome. I agree with others above, Peaches does look like a mix. I don't have any experience with identifying breeds, but she does seem to have a longer body and her face is different from a EB, indicating that she probably is mixed. I also agree with others Who Cares because she's super cute and beautiful. Just enjoy her.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Agree with others that you have a mix and Pitty could certainly be in that mix. Dead give away to me is the long tail and snout.
She has nice coloring and should be healthier than your avg EBD.
Love on her and she'll love you back tenfold.
Cute pup

OP
shelleya618

shelleya618

Aug 19, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Peaches
Thanks all for your responses.
I googled the pitbull and English bulldog puppy mix and I think you're right!!
they do look like my peaches.

It just dawned on my that when I picked up peaches, the momma dog had some bite marks on her head - breeder said its from her sons dog that she's watching for the day. I didn't ask if dog was male but it might've been a pitbull and might've the dad.

thanks again!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Pocket Bully....where in Canada are you?

This reminds me of somewhat like Nyala. A mini bully. She sure didn't look like a bully at first. Took time and wont be like some EB in here. Bullies are not EB. We call them all bullies. Just different kinds of Bullies. My mini is now 40lbs! Mini got lost somewhere down the road. My son has 2 pitbulls. Your's sure has a face like a pitty. And yet, look at Nyala. Who knows what yours will really look like. If you adore your peaches, well you made a good choice in my book.

Nyala 3 months  2015.jpg Looks like papa 2.jpg

MOM.jpg Dad.jpg

Mom is black....and of course dad the red brown one

Attachments

• Nyala 3months.jpg
    Nyala 3months.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
OP
shelleya618

shelleya618

Aug 19, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Peaches
omg!!! you're dogs are gorgeous. ILOVETHEM.
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] - I'm from Whitby ON Canada

Pocket Bully....where in Canada are you?

This reminds me of somewhat like Nyala. A mini bully. She sure didn't look like a bully at first. Took time and wont be like some EB in here. Bullies are not EB. We call them all bullies. Just different kinds of Bullies. My mini is now 40lbs! Mini got lost somewhere down the road. My son has 2 pitbulls. Your's sure has a face like a pitty. And yet, look at Nyala. Who knows what yours will really look like. If you adore your peaches, well you made a good choice in my book.

View attachment 100639 View attachment 100638

View attachment 100640 View attachment 100641

Mom is black....and of course dad the red brown one

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.