punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
Well i have always said my gucci was my good girl because she never seems to have any issues like the others, such as allergies, infections, and any other problems.. but now shes decided she is going to be.. she gets hot spots at least twice a year.. i think its to much.. i put medicine on her as soon as i suspect it , sometimes it may not be but i pour on the medicine anyway to be safe, and it heal is up pretty fast before it gets to big.. but i was wondering why is she the only one that has this problem.. i keep their beds dry and clean, i wipe her tail pocket often, most of the time they are on her rear end above her tail where she cant reach to scratch.. Is there something i need to do that would help.. i thought maybe it was from fleas but i treat them all often and none of them seem to have fleas or scratch... anyone have any ideas?.. just want to keep up on her so she don't get them.. it does seem like it happens in the fall time.. just preparing myself and trying to avoid her having to deal with it..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hotspots are from an allergy and since you have noticed hers is happening in the fall... it is most likely environmental and in the air. Probiotics to boost her immune system will help

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We've always found that hotspots are the result of scratching an irritated area of the skin...be it an area affected by allergy, foreign object, pest(fleas/tics) or chemical(most often shampoos)...
The fact that your bully is having hot spots just above the tail area would point me to...
Allergy, tail pocket funk, or chemical burn...in that order.
Your boy cannot reach that area with his paws so he's likely backing up into a...
Who-the-heck-knows-what, and scratching away.
Wall
Chair
Table
Kennel
Tree
Car tire
Next door neighbor's lazy kid
Shag carpet
Cactus/ cacti
Gravel driveway
etc etc etc

Your job is to figure out what the trigger is...and to intervene.

Quite frankly, a hot spot appearing once or twice a year...some bully owners would be most pleased with that little maintenance.

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks.. i know she is backing up to the kennel my older dog stays in and rubs her bottom.. i was afraid allergy was going to be mentiioned.. her mom is the one i have that has allergies and i have her on meds for.. but gucci has not showed any other problems with anything.. shes a sweet thing , i will keep a watch and see if i can pin point it.
thanks for the comments,

12032490_10206174498740467_2034020412_n.jpggucci thanks you too.. :yes4:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thanks.. i know she is backing up to the kennel my older dog stays in and rubs her bottom.. i was afraid allergy was going to be mentiioned.. her mom is the one i have that has allergies and i have her on meds for.. but gucci has not showed any other problems with anything.. shes a sweet thing , i will keep a watch and see if i can pin point it.
thanks for the comments,

View attachment 100595gucci thanks you too.. :yes4:

What a beautiful face! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
thank you.. she is my photogenic one.. she will let me take pictures of her and i think sometimes she poses..lol.. the others.. nope.. one of them will hide her face every time.. i have to sneak up on her.. lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.