Neutering

Dieter

Mar 31, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
Hi all,
Ok, Odin is 6 months old now and his one testical did not drop, should I have the procedure done now, or wait a little longer? Not sure on what to do after reading some posts here.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson had one in, and one out. We didn't neuter him, he was fine until he hit 8 yrs old. Then his prostate got enlarged and we were forced to neuter. I would do it while he's still young, but check to see if he'll need any other type of procedures so they can be done all at once. Less times under, the better.
Also be 110% sure that the vet is bulldog experienced. We almost lost Tyson bc we didn't have a bulldog experienced vet/staff :(

Thank God we have found the best of the best now! It was night and day with surgeries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would waite until he is about two years old. IMO dogs and bulldogs need their hormones to develope fully. Not only how they look, but also bone developement needs hormones. If one testicle does not drop there is a bigger risk of tecticular cancer, but not before the age off two.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I know someone with a lab who did it around 2. He is a service dog so they bred him first.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If the one has not dropped wait till it does or he is 2 yrs old, which ever comes first.... having the procedure while still up, can be much more painful for him.

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Just like to say you ladies are on the ball, this website is invaluable for EB owners. The care shown overall and especially the camaraderie on here is as special and unique as the breed of dog we love.

OP
D

Dieter

Mar 31, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
Thanks for all the replies, did some more reading on this, and found this article with all the pros and cons:
Neutering Your Male Dog ? Pros and Cons

I think I will wait for now.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online