Houston vets being sued after bulldog dies

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Who said the dog really die? Supposedly he's in a box.....is it really Zeus? And im not form Texas but what's this law all dogs belong to Texas? That really a law?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dogs are thought of as possessions in court-not as family. You can't get pain and suffering,although there is ALOT of that with the loss. If they did not have permission to cremate,they should have kept him in the freezer. Cremating sure rules out a necropsy. Years ago I had a terrible experience when a substitute vet(my regular was away) overdosed my dog with meds and killed her. She was my child,and you can just imagine the pain involved. These poor people must be devistated. Bet that won't be on the show.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Who said the dog really die? Supposedly he's in a box.....is it really Zeus? And im not form Texas but what's this law all dogs belong to Texas? That really a law?

Pets are considered property not a being/family-- it us like that in most states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I hope they sue that place, why in the name of HELL would they feed pups on the day or the night before surgery?!! Wouldn't that be considered surgery 101?!! I'm so damn angry for them... :censored:

If I heard correctly, the owners fed the dogs Saturday morning just before they took them in. They were scheduled to be neutered on the Monday. For some reason Zeus was operated on on the Saturday two hours after being dropped off and then the vet had the nerve to ask the owners if they wanted them to go ahead with the other dog! Can you imagine? A family member went and picked the second dog up. Add to the fact they cremated Zeus when the family said they did not give permission and it all smells very fishy to me.

I for one would not be taking any of my pets there!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pets are considered property not a being/family-- it us like that in most states

Sh** that wouldn't work over here. A house is a property not a life that eats, breaths, saves lives and part of your family. Should start telling the cities to pay for the vet bills if dogs are properties. Very convenient, they go after you if your dog does something wrong and sues you but you cant sue or do much if they killed your dog.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If I heard correctly, the owners fed the dogs Saturday morning just before they took them in. They were scheduled to be neutered on the Monday. For some reason Zeus was operated on on the Saturday two hours after being dropped off and then the vet had the nerve to ask the owners if they wanted them to go ahead with the other dog! Can you imagine? A family member went and picked the second dog up. Add to the fact they cremated Zeus when the family said they did not give permission and it all smells very fishy to me.

I for one would not be taking any of my pets there!

OMG... this is a complete and utter screw-up on their part.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
This is truly a sad situation. I feel awful for the owners and the bully who lost his life due to what appears to be a misunderstanding...GROSS NEGLIGENCE. There's no way a Vet would operate on a Bulldog or any other small animal that had recently ingested food or liquid. That's a huge NO NO!
The mix-up ended up costting the life of this Bully. If the owners do indeed have proof that their pup was scheduled to have surgery 2 days later then this is an open and shut case. If this goes to court the owners will be awarded a monetary value equal to what they paid for their Bulldog or a value will be agreed upon and awarded.

However, the vet/vet practice has likely engaged in collusion in an attempt to destroy evidence by cremating the dog. The destruction of that evidence without the consent of the owners is obstruction and IMO, A CRIMINAL ACT,! Not sure if a city prosecutor will view this scenario as I would but it's obvious to me that the Vet practice has tried their best to cover their respective butt here. I would be surprised if they had not been coached [to destroy evidence]by a lawyer.

If I were in the owner's position, and given the actions of the Vet(defendant), I'd pursue punitive damages based simply on the fact that their dog was cremated without prior consent...in an attempt to destroy evidence!

Sad sad sad. I hope the owners of this Bulldog ream the Vet a new one...or two!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
This is terrible ! What kind of vet is this? So sad :(

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
It is an animal hospital not far from me. They are featured on Animal Planet. Maybe they need to concentrate less on becoming stars and more on the well being of their patients.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That is infuriating and my greatest fear. I'm so sorry for that family and that beautiful puppy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
This is for sure a misunderstanding issue. But the cremating*part? That's thoughtless on the vet's part. No matter what vet will lose. Just cant image losing your dog in a situation like that. And who on earth goes on vacation and have surgery done on their dogs? I swear I dont get some people.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Going on vacation while they have surgery certainly isn't something I would do but the family have the paperwork to say they were to be neutered on the Monday. No matter what way you look at it, the vets screwed up. Big time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online