MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All - Happy Friday:happy2:

Just wondering how much water your babies are drinking??

Ellie sometimes like to chug a 1/4 to 1/2 a bowl at one time...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I can never measure how much Tyson drinks, because I'll fill his bowl but after the water becomes somewhat dirty after he drinks from it once or twice.... the prince requires it be changed because he likes fresh clean water, LOL

I would say that if everything else looks okay in terms of her urine, you should be just fine. It's hot as heck so she may need the extra water. If it becomes very excessive, and constantly then I would warrant a vet visit.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I agree with all the above. Let the bully drink. Bentley drinks a lot of water. Jewel not so much. There are always two bowls of fresh water in the morning and I refill with fresh water when I get home from work

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All Thanks so much!!

Princess Ellie (@tytysmom Jess -Ellie is Just like Tyson, if its not cold and clear) - she has her water at all times, I most definitely never taken it away.

She just sometimes seems to want nothing to do with it, or she chugs it like she is never going to see it again.

Ellie Chills in her crate most of the day - (mommy just got a Mommy cam to watch her while i'm at work)

She is at a nice cool 65°, while mommy works her butt off to pay that electric bill-HAHAHAHAH!!:laugh:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi All Thanks so much!!

Princess Ellie (@tytysmom Jess -Ellie is Just like Tyson, if its not cold and clear) - she has her water at all times, I most definitely never taken it away.

She just sometimes seems to want nothing to do with it, or she chugs it like she is never going to see it again.

Ellie Chills in her crate most of the day - (mommy just got a Mommy cam to watch her while i'm at work)

She is at a nice cool 65°, while mommy works her butt off to pay that electric bill-HAHAHAHAH!!:laugh:

Sounds like we are identical. Hahaha. Working to pay for the life of a prince! In your case, princess. Haha. I also spy on Tyson all day long :) Cray Cray momma and proud :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm like Jessica... I could never measure cause i clean the bowl as soon as it is cloudy or has too much slobber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I agree with those above. I find Fezzik drinks less if I give him ice cubes to cool down.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We never keep up with the amount, but keep water available to them 24/7

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ms Muffet doesn't drink. Unless she's eating a real bone with marrow she will go take a few sips or play with her cousins cause she's been running she'll drink more. Home cooking dogs don't drink or barely does.

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
We don't keep track we keep a bowl out for him and in hot weather he also gets ice cubes both in his bowl and to just have he plays with them like a cat would play with a toy pawing at it across the floor before eating them. [emoji1].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Water........I was just thinking this morning,as I poured yet another bowl of water down the sink(to put clean water in)most of my water bill is due to refreshing the dogs water!:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.