MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning All,

Ellie has some Red bumps, not sure what it is, definitely not bothering her, was harder getting this pic!![emoji3]

Any suggestions?!?! - Hoping I don't need to take her to vet...

939213a3a95ff91ecc9aeecc4091ceb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] Ouch....Poor Ellie!! Sorry friend, I have no idea what they are but I will be watching this thread for some answers. Did you apply anything to them yet? To soothe them?

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Oh poor Ellie! At least it's not bothering her. I have no experience with bumps like this. Kim's suggestions sound like the way to go, I hope she gets well soon! Sending prayers for you and your sweet girl!

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sure does look like bug bites.... I'd wipe the area with witch hazel and give a Benedryl -- see how she is in a few hours

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Gang has you covered should be gone in a few days with cleaning and ointment :) Keep us posted!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
This looks pretty much like what our Wheezie has right now.If those bumps look like zits their pustules..and its a form of staph our vet has said.We are bathing her with a sulfur shampoo and spraying Genticin( spelling sorry) on them.Just keep an eye on them..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Gang has you covered should be gone in a few days with cleaning and ointment :) Keep us posted!

Hi Jess!! - how is your neighbor doing with that little cutie?? So glad everything worked out for them!!

I was able to wipe her with the Witch Hazel at Lunch time, going to wipe again when i get home and give her the Benedryl, I know its safe to give her, but crazy me called the Vet for a the dose he would recommend for Ellie, and they didn't get back to me till I was on my way back to work, so she will get a dose of that shortly when I get home

What kind of Ointment should I use, this rash is down around her girl parts and lower soft belly area?

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Oh poor Ellie! At least it's not bothering her. I have no experience with bumps like this. Kim's suggestions sound like the way to go, I hope she gets well soon! Sending prayers for you and your sweet girl!

Thanks Sue!! I am hoping so, did the Witch Hazel at lunch, and double check how much benedryl i should give her with her Vet, so she will be getting some of that in about and hour when I get home

How your babies doing??

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
You've been given good advice...
You should see quick improvement. If not, a secondary infection may be on the way...and a trip to your Vet

Here's some good reading about Allergic Contact Dermatitis...

Skin Rash Due to Contact with Irritants in Dogs | petMD

Thanks Chip, good read!! - Fingers Crossed, Mama can nip this in the butt, this girl needs a break, from going to the Vet!! - and so does Daddy's wallet:laugh:

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
This looks pretty much like what our Wheezie has right now.If those bumps look like zits their pustules..and its a form of staph our vet has said.We are bathing her with a sulfur shampoo and spraying Genticin( spelling sorry) on them.Just keep an eye on them..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Christie - Hope you are doing well, Thanks so much for the heads up, I hope Wheezie feels better soon!! :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Jess!! - how is your neighbor doing with that little cutie?? So glad everything worked out for them!!

I was able to wipe her with the Witch Hazel at Lunch time, going to wipe again when i get home and give her the Benedryl, I know its safe to give her, but crazy me called the Vet for a the dose he would recommend for Ellie, and they didn't get back to me till I was on my way back to work, so she will get a dose of that shortly when I get home

What kind of Ointment should I use, this rash is down around her girl parts and lower soft belly area?

Try a little Neosporin :)

I think baby Georgia is settling in just fine :) I can't wait for the weekend to be able to play with her!

📰 Latest posts

Members online