Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Hi everyone,

I wanted to pick everyone's brain since it's 2 am here and can't call the vet at the moment.

Long story short Brock had TTA surgery done on his leg more than half a year ago and tonight my husband noticed him not putting weight on that leg. I know he was running around like a goof before his dinner while I was in another room and I did hear him bump into furniture but he ate and was standing fine when I went to do other things.

Could he have retore it? Is that even possible with the surgery, I don't remember any special warnings such as if you see a limp then something something.

He had a carprofen and gabapentin but around 130 when he went out he was still not bearing weight on it and now I'm worried =(

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
There is always a possibility with ACL/CCL injuries and repairs that it can be torn again. I would try limiting play and watch it for a day or so and if not better then a trip to the vet may be best. Mine just had ECR surgery 2 months ago and her restrictions are just now being lifted but even with that we still have to keep her from running around as much as possible for another 3 to 4 months as it takes between 6 months to a year to fully heal depending on the pup.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There is always a possibility with ACL/CCL injuries and repairs that it can be torn again. I would try limiting play and watch it for a day or so and if not better then a trip to the vet may be best. Mine just had ECR surgery 2 months ago and her restrictions are just now being lifted but even with that we still have to keep her from running around as much as possible for another 3 to 4 months as it takes between 6 months to a year to fully heal depending on the pup.

agree with Todd --- it is always possible to re injure and you should limit activity again ;(
[MENTION=7828]Cuddles116[/MENTION] --- any update?

OP
Cuddles116

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
So in my 2 am haze I forgot it had been like over a year and some months since Brocks tta surgery Brinks was 10 months ago lol boys.

We went to the vet yesterday and after lots of stretching bending and squeezing the vet thinks it was soft tissue swelling and brusing and not his surgery coming loose/breaking or a tendon :partytime:so a little rest and some good drugs should do the trick, we were to watch it and if no weight bearing improvement then we can xray to see if something else is going on.

Happily this morning he started putting more weight on it and as of this afternoon a little more. You can tell its sore by his walk but its obviously improving due to time in the bully solitary confinement room where there is nothing to jump on or have too much fun with and being carried up and down steps lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good to hear it is not another tear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

📰 Latest posts

Members online