izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Can anyone's bully do this?

I haven't had much success with Stig. Right now anyways. Plus his trainer said she can't recall any heavy-chested dog that was able to, although she wished she can name one. lol.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I have not tried that trick with Lola or Brodie...actually I am trying right now to picture Lola trying that and I don't think she would make it around! Although she does get out on the patio and rubs her back back and forth against the concrete, so she just might make it around.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We have a trainer coming over on thursday..Belly is skinny yet so maybe she could manage it.. We're still working on sit :rolleyes:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hmmm, I am sitting here looking at Vegas, I don't think he could, he is kind of like a turtle on his back when I put him down to play with him and scratch his belly. He is so broad across his chest compared to his short legs, I would be amazed it he could do it. He is NOT the most talented boy by far, he mainly will just sit, not on command as much as for a treat.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I've never seen a bully do it, I taught my terrier mix Maggie that we had when I was growing up how to roll over. Wasn't ever able to teach Samson. Does seem like it would be difficult for a bully to be able to do it.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester can't do it..he HATES being on his back.. he's like a turtle when he gets there too! :lol:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Well, many pups seem to love to sleep on their back, so if you started young enough it might be possible.
But once they got past that stage of voluntarily flipping on their back I'd think it would be a lot harder to accomplish.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What? Whadda mean? No one told us bulldogs couldn't do this! :eek::eek:

[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]
Now you've seen it. He hasn't performed this trick since Orion has been here. He did pretty well, eh?

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Seriously..I had no idea. When Vegas was 4 months old, we put him in puppy kindergarten class. At the end of 6 weeks there was a best trick competition. Vegas's trick was high five and rollover. It took me 6 weeks to teach him to roll-over. He performed in class, but we were far from winning. That next week, I taught him the "nose in corner" trick in under 5 minutes.

I must add...I also taught Chesty to roll over. He does more of a dive-roll.
I was told at the time of the puppy class by the trainer (who also had a bulldog) that bulldogs are typically too heavy to roll over. The most she gets hers to do is "show me your belly".

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Seriously..I had no idea. When Vegas was 4 months old, we put him in puppy kindergarten class. At the end of 6 weeks there was a best trick competition. Vegas's trick was high five and rollover. It took me 6 weeks to teach him to roll-over. He performed in class, but we were far from winning. That next week, I taught him the "nose in corner" trick in under 5 minutes.

But Vegas and his trainer are both exceptional! :luv:It's a fact!

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Yes my brothers English bulldog can do it
She is actually really good at it. She high fives and foot fives
She is hilarious with her tricks

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah can roll over. :) She goes really slow and kind of flops..it's hilarious. I should take a video of it. I have to coax her with the treat on the floor a lot of the time, though.

Her favorite trick by far is "high five." She's obsessed!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online