Sleeping with eyes open?

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
Just curious if anyone else's bully does this? Not gonna lie- it's a bit creepy lol. My daughter was very concerned when she first noticed and thought something was wrong. I know it reminded her of seeing Flora when she passed :(

Bluebelle has her eyes slightly open often- particularly when she's sleeping on her side. Not sure if it will continue forever or what? We're getting more used to it.

Just wondering how common this is. I don't remember any of our other Bulldogs doing it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I wouldn't worry. Nyala has less wrinkles and times they dont shut completely. Ive seen a human his eyes didn't shut when he was sleeping. Now that's scary stuff. Lol

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Smedley would do this. He'd even be sitting up, eyes wide open, and completely asleep. A waving hand in front of his face would get no reaction whatsoever. Very strange...

Smedley and Donna snoozing...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yep, Tyson sleeps like that sometimes, eyes semi-open, yet snoring! LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep, Banks did this sometimes... always freaked me out.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Bella will do this sometimes. Kind of creeps me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo also does this sometimes, I wake him up just to make sure he is ok, I know he would probably say if he could, Mom I am doing Great, Please do not wake me from my Beauty Nap.

BullyPotato

Aug 14, 2016
VT
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
Yes, my bully does this sometimes... & when he does it along with dreaming you can see his eyes dart around and feet move a little like he's "chasing rabbits," sometimes with a little noise. Very frightening indeed!

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yes, my bully does this sometimes... & when he does it along with dreaming you can see his eyes dart around and feet move a little like he's "chasing rabbits," sometimes with a little noise. Very frightening indeed!
Love the name "Tater", it is so fitting.

My boy Dozer has doggie dreams with his legs kicking, moving and all kinds of noises. All indoor dogs I've ever had do this to some degree, seems like they do this more while napping during the day. I grew up on a farm with big outdoor dogs so don't know about them as much, they just did NOT like thunderstorms. Dozer has started sticking his tongue out while napping / sleeping sometimes. Have to take some pics, sometimes his eyes are partially open.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Yes, I caught Miss Porkchop doing this. She's playing possum with me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My first son slept with his eyes open sometimes. First time it scared me so much-I thought he had died-I shook him awake!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.