What do you guys use for anxiety issues?

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I know there are sprays, pills, collars, cookies and chews. Ive tried the collar and Lavender aromatherapy. I did paxil, but I hate having her on a pill everyday if she doesnt have anxiety all the time.

She needs it for car rides and vet trips.

What do you guys use that actually works???

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hi Sheena! I use a thundershirt for Jersey. Available at petsmart, petco amazon etc. It's a lightweight wraparound shirt that makes your pup feel secure. It really works! Jersey has a terrible time when we have thunderstorms and with the shirt on... she just sleeps through them! Money back guarantee at petco and petsmart! Hope this helps!!!!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ive considered one. But She gets so worked up and hot Id be afraid of her over heating... Plus she hates any type of clothing haha

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Yup! I understand! Does she wear a harness? I've found that a harness works to a lesser extent... but still calms Jersey down.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had to use it for car rides for Banks... Xanax. it was the only time I gave it to her. It did not make her sleepy or 'drugged' she was just relaxed.

I did try Adaptil for a few trips, but it was just before she passed and I can't remember if it worked or not (sorry).

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Yup! I understand! Does she wear a harness? I've found that a harness works to a lesser extent... but still calms Jersey down.

She wears a harness... And honestly hates to put it on.. I get a fight every time lol

- - - Updated - - -

I had to use it for car rides for Banks... Xanax. it was the only time I gave it to her. It did not make her sleepy or 'drugged' she was just relaxed.

I did try Adaptil for a few trips, but it was just before she passed and I can't remember if it worked or not (sorry).

I may have to resort to that. She def needs something lol

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
df17d1781ae30cc77951e24fc0165430.jpg

Kidding......... But damn, I couldn't imagine how lazy Diesel would become.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
What type of harness do you have? Is it hard to get on and that is why she hates it?

Fezzik loves car rides. We are waiting for his sleepypod harness for the car. Have you tried having someone sit in back with her. I find mine does better when we do that excitement wise.

You could also try sitting and playing in car but not going anywhere.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:rofl: Lambeau would be comatose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You can use your own shirt as it has your scent on it. Make sure it's snuggled. Does same job as the thunder shirt and outher in a crate when you travel.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
What type of harness do you have? Is it hard to get on and that is why she hates it?

Fezzik loves car rides. We are waiting for his sleepypod harness for the car. Have you tried having someone sit in back with her. I find mine does better when we do that excitement wise.

You could also try sitting and playing in car but not going anywhere.

She loves the concept of going bye bye. But Shes the weirdest dog ever. She literally tries to chase every car that drives past us... I need to record it. Its a sight to see lol. And Id love to have someone sit with her, im sure that would help her a ton. But Im single and I dont have kids, so Its just her and I . And she has a step in harness. Nothing seemingly uncomfortable about it. She just so finicky about everything.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Tried it. We all ended up on top of the house....Think we were abducted....Maybe it was space pot. No stems no seeds that you don't need...space pot is bad A** weed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.