Peeing on stuff

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Heyyy all long time no speak. Question and I know I need to take Jameson in to check for a uti but I wanted to throw this out here. Jameson has taken to peeing on things on the floor. Usually once a day. It may be a behavior thing as he isn't getting much exercise due to the heat and the fact that he cant be trusted outside without a leash. If we leave a blanket it on the floor he pees on it. Or a rug or today it was in the babies area on the playmat. I know he is definately not able to hold as long as he used to he is 8.5 years old. It is fustrating to say the least. He is on fromm so it is good food and he has been on it a long time. I don't know if he is getting mad because he isn't getting what he wants when he wants it(food). I am trying to avoid bringing the crate back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It seems that many Bullies have this problem! It is a good idea to have him checked for a UTI, but usually with that,it would be more than once a day. I would guess that he is upset about something/change in routine,less attention,furniture moved? EBD's are a sensitive lot,and some more tend towards anxiety than others. After checked that urine is clear,you might need to give him more exercise,more attention,or pick up all the "peeables".If that doesn't work,and his health is fine,try all options,and then perhaps the crate! Hope all will turn out okay!

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Yeah. He has been so good for 8 years. He had a uti as a puppy and this is totally different. Just talking to my fiance about building a fenced area for him

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Not sure i would put a blanket down for him to pee on sort of training him to do it there and could cause him to think it is ok = your bed or carpets . if you must go to puppy pads most are leak proof and start maybe the retraining of pee outside by taking the pad outside and then finally removing the pads all together. Once the pads are used they can be tossed but is also stops it going thru the blanket and on the floor . Bulldogs are brutal for this been there done that , hope it helps

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Yeah puppy pads are a no as he likes to shred. Even at 8 years old he will tear them apart. I have taken all the stuff up off the floor that he might pee on. We are going to create a fenced dog area with house access for him and as soon as the weather becomes less hot i am going to start walking him again like the old days before having the house.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2659]nyerathrt[/MENTION] Giving him an area to go out is a good idea-and going for walks! I think he will be happy again!

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
My 8 year old pitbull also just started this! But it is just one area of the carpet. She has always been so good and never an accident. I've steamcleaned the area and it's not every day but I lost trust in her at night so she stays in the bathroom now. She refuses to get off our deck so I had walk her but after peeing she just stands there. I didn't get her tested for UTI because she's on a 56 day supply of antibiotics already and it would dual treat that. I guess like your boy, probably behavioral.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
We did a 30 minutes walk today he basically ran the whole way he was so happy being out

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Giving him a fenced area is good, but I would not give free access to it, unless you are home and can monitor the time he is out there. Bullies will go out and sun, get too hot and sometimes cone in and sometimes just lay there and die of heat exhaustion. So be very careful with doggie doors.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
No it is for at night. Someone is generally home at times during day but unless home it will be locked. Jameson is typical let me plop in the sun on this 100 degree day.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
f0f1408065328b550ac24cbffce021ea.jpg

📰 Latest posts

Members online