Bathtime!!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Just gave Bear a bath. He is acting a fool and running around doing piggy runs. Rubbing his head on the carpet and literally jumping off all of the furniture. I had to put his hoodie on because he doesn't have a robe yet. Now he will be all fluffy for more cuddles. be jealous. :evil:

How do you bath your bully? What do you use?

I wash him with a standard puppy shampoo but want to get some stuff from the pantry store as soon as I am out. I wash him with a rag and give him a finger massage, his nails are done, and wrinkles all done. I have to use the tub because he is too big for the kitchen sink. He is indifferent about baths he neither loves nor hates it. he just stands there and actually tries to drink the water. He likes to shake all the water off and get everything wet.

Last edited:

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
right now I use Baby Magic baby wash. I love love how he smells afterwards :) Chaos drinkS the water too but he doesnt love a bath too much. I can't wait until he iS accident free and doesnt have to have so many baths! He iS doing much better already, so I think it will be over soon, yay!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] ... I AM jealous... Gracie smells sooooo good and is sooooooo soft right after a bath. :) Selsun Blue and a dog shampoo is what we use.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] how did you find out about the Selson Blue? Are you using it because princess Gracie has alot of white on her? I am trying to find a good shampoo for Lola who is mostly white. She looks great after a bath but not glistening white or anything. Both Brodie and Lola loves baths but they CANNOT have a bath together...to much for me to handle. Not so much while they are in the tub but afterwards. They are like maniacs! They are more high spirted after a bath than they are after a good ol :poo:.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Was using Earthbath from the Pet Pantry, but switched to John Paul Tea Tree Oil. Moses has some skin issues... I have no evidence that the shampoo was causing it, just switching to see if it makes a difference, and the jury is still out. John Paul's shampoo really made our Shih Tzu look good and feel soft though.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use a prescription shampoo that is for yeast and anti-fungal from the vet, it makes him very soft and smells great. And yes he drinks the water the whole time I am bathing him, then is a wild man afterwards doing the same things as Bear, rubbing and jumping.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] how did you find out about the Selson Blue? Are you using it because princess Gracie has alot of white on her? I am trying to find a good shampoo for Lola who is mostly white. She looks great after a bath but not glistening white or anything. Both Brodie and Lola loves baths but they CANNOT have a bath together...to much for me to handle. Not so much while they are in the tub but afterwards. They are like maniacs! They are more high spirted after a bath than they are after a good ol :poo:.

Im pretty sure we heard about Selsun Blue here on EBN. And to be honest Selsun Blue by itself isn't a great smell so we do a final wash with the oatmeal dog shampoo improves the smell. Selsun Blue is supposed to prevent dry scalp.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I use an oatmeal shampoo and wash her with a dog mitt in the tub and then hose her off. She hates getting in the tub but once she does, she is fine. I literally have to drag her in and she shakes like a leaf but once she is in she must remember it is okay! She loves the pampering after...wrinkles, nails, ears! That reminds it is bath time maybe tomorrow! :whistle:

Miss Molly

Feb 18, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
I used to use a really great smelling shampoo from Simple Solutions- Refresh. The great smell seemed to last so much longer than other shampoos. But the pet stores don't carry it, so I got something else I am not too crazy about. Going to get some from CPP soon, when I place another order with all the things and need... and all the things I want!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We use an aloe + oatmeal shampoo that we got from Stig's vet for when he had hives. Then rinse with water, then water and vinegar last. We use Johnson's baby shampoo for his face.

We'd like to continue the regimen even though his allergies are now under control. We're running out of shampoo and thinking of getting the aloe and oatmeal one from Carolina Pet Pantry too. Has anyone tried it? Was thinking of getting bulk but going to try the small bottle first.

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What????? You're supposed to bath them also?

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i use ostler coconut and verbena shed control shampoo. smells like heaven and lasts for a good week. i use a zoom groom brush to massage/shampoo him and rinse well with water, then a squirt of conditioner down his back where he gets dry, then rinse again. i let the faucet in the tub run with cold water so he can drink from that, since i let his feet soak in about 4 inches of soapy water.

after a bath he is charlie sheen crazy! runs in tight circles, jumps, slides on tile, then goes out for a nice :poo:, and then runs like hell back into the house for some more laps.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We use either Johnsons Baby shampoo or the selsun blue. Then for the face we have some SPA blueberry vanilla facial scrub that I use on their faces and wrinkles which smells wonderful!! You can get that from Carolina Pet Pantry.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] ... I AM jealous... Gracie smells sooooo good and is sooooooo soft right after a bath. :) Selsun Blue and a dog shampoo is what we use.

My FIL uses Selson Blue on Tank (the pit bull) ... he's always so soft (he gets fish oil with his food too) and ever since he started this, his skin is not dry either! It made me laugh when he first said it, but it works well!

Members online

No members online now.