Taz went in for his tplo surgery

Tazza

Jun 21, 2016
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
Hi all,
Poor taz was dropped off for his TPLO surgery. I hope it all goes well. It's been a nightmare deciding to get this operation done. So scary!! It's been only 4 weeks since his soft palate surgery and nose job.

c83c6ed4babc482a1b9a7ab974204706.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
It's very hard to make decisions like that:( good news is that he did good during his first surgery, all will go well:) He's beautiful<3

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi [MENTION=16022]Tazza[/MENTION] , We hope all goes well with Taz surgery. I have been there twice and it is not fun. Currently, Bentley is now 10 weeks post-op TPLO surgery and is doing well. We have our last follow-up in two weeks and we hope Bentley can be taken off injured reserve. Bentley did develop a seroma at his surgical site and is resolving with heat twice a day. He developed this a week after surgery by pulling on his leash.

As it has been posted in various threads here at EBN, many of us have been through what you are going through now. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to post/start a thread with your questions and/or concerns and someone will chime in. You are never alone here at EBN.

Jewel and Bentley and the rest of our gang are sending prayers and positive vibes that all goes well with Taz's surgery.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor Taz does not look happy...praying for uneventful recovery
so Taz can get back to his fabulous bully life. Sending hugs to all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending lots of positive thoughts to you and Taz--- keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tazza

Tazza

Jun 21, 2016
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
Thank you so much, your words are so reassuring. Can't wait to pick him up tomorrow. Bulldogs are so strong with what some have to go through.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Good luck! Please be super diligent in following your Vet's instruction concerning rest and the duration of limited activity. If not followed to the letter the recovery time can be much longer.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Praying for sweet Taz, keep us posted on his progress! Can't wait until he's home sweet home!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing thoughts your way!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm so sorry... sending prayers and keep us posted!!!

OP
Tazza

Tazza

Jun 21, 2016
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
Thank you everyone. We picked up taz not long ago. I think he is pretty sore. His not putting any weight on his leg. I was pretty upset when i heard the tear was only 10 -20%. It made me question my decision even though every vet i spoke with suggested surgery and suggested that i should have done it 5 months ago. I must admit the surgeon who did it was great. uploadfromtaptalk1469606874653.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469606884069.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm glad it went well. Seems like the vet was A BIT trigger happy...

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thank you everyone. We picked up taz not long ago. I think his pretty sore. His not putting any wait on his leg. I was pretty upset when i heard the tear was only 10 -20%. It made me question my decision even though every vet i spoke with suggested surgery and suggested that i should have done it 5 months ago. I must admit the surgeon who did it was great. View attachment 100268View attachment 100269

We are glad everything went well. Taz will not want to put weight on his leg for a while. We supported Jewel and Bentley with a towel so they could poop. It is very imperative no running, jumping, climbing, etc. for 12 weeks. Jewel and Bentley were placed in their crates at night and a pen during the day in order to limit activity.

Again, we are very happy the surgery went well and we hope Taz heals quickly. --rj

OP
Tazza

Tazza

Jun 21, 2016
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
We are glad everything went well. Taz will not want to put weight on his leg for a while. We supported Jewel and Bentley with a towel so they could poop. It is very imperative no running, jumping, climbing, etc. for 12 weeks. Jewel and Bentley were placed in their crates at night and a pen during the day in order to limit activity.

Again, we are very happy the surgery went well and we hope Taz heals quickly. --rj
Thank you so much. It's only day 3, taz is confined to a small room and he just wants to play. He won't let me ice his leg and his ankle is swollen. I have to wait for my husband to come home to distract him while i ice his leg. It's challenging especially with a 6 month old baby. Credit to you doing it with 2 dogs. I bet it's all worth it in the end. Thank you for your advice!!!

📰 Latest posts

Members online