Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hi All,

I bought a house and we are set to close and move next Friday. Is there anything to worry about when relocating an EBD to a new house? Its very exciting though cause Boris will finally have a yard to play in without a tether on :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have moved several times with ours and they do great. Just let them explore as they wish, and close off the areas you do not want them in. Good luck and congrats on the house. Your bully will love the backyard, just make sure and check the fence for holes, so there is no way for him to get out. Plus we never leave ours out unattended, too easy for someone to steal them, of you forget they are out and they get too hot. Can't wait to see pics of your new house and your bully in his own backyard. :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Congrats on the new house!!! It may take him a bit to adjust but just be sure to set up his "comforts" first.... That way he has his familiars there. So his beds, blankets, for Boris I know he has his "chair" :) can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If it is possible... take him to the house before you move in and let him just roam around and get familiar with the new digs. if not, before the move in and when you first bring him in, do as David stated -- block off where you do not want him to go and just let him wonder around and get comfortable.

Congratulations an best of luck with the move

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Your bully will love the backyard, just make sure and check the fence for holes, so there is no way for him to get out.
▲▲▲▲THIS▲▲▲▲

and make sure it is secured not to let any unwanted animals IN.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Firstly congratulations on the new house.......we have recently moved house, as we wasn't moving in till the day after completion we took ruby round on the day of completion, we spent a good hour or so there letting her just wander and get used to the house, we also left a few of her blankets there over night to try and leave a bit of her sent there...on the day of moving we brought ruby over to the new house last and again just let her wander round as we carried on as normal not making a fuss this seemed to work and she didn't get stressed at all

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We moved last year and took Castor for a visit to the new premises before we loved in. I then worked from home the first week or so in the new house to make sure he got a good start at the new place. And we've got lots of stairs so we got those stair tread rugs so Castor would't slip.

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Thanks for all the kind messages! We're super excited to move out of the apartment and into the house :) He won't have much of a backyard due to the house being far off the street, but he certainly has a safe yard to play in while we supervise him.

I got odd looks from my friends and the other half when I mentioned someone could steal him easily if left unattended at the new spot. I'm glad to see someone mentioned it in a response :D

House1.pngHouse2.png
The inside photo was taken from the listing and staged so not our stuff, but it shows the space inside. I just need to replace that railing so Boris or my niece can't fall through...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I like it...it's quaint and the yard looks really nice. I hope you and Boris get settled quickly.

I'm surprised that the home could be sold with that railing not in compliance with state and local building codes that usually mandate that a 4"+/- sphere cannot pass between the balusters. Maybe it's grandfathered...hmmm. You might want to look into that.

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
It's very unique for a city house, I love it but my GF is not a huge fan. She was hoping for more early 1900 charm ^^ The house had a few items fail the inspection and we were able to talk them into money off the list price to do the repairs on our own. It was a tough negotiation, but we finally came to an agreement after getting quotes. Luckily we know a few people so we should be able to get everything done well under what we got reduce :) We're super excite for Boris to have a yard, Kelsey has already bought him a kiddie pool to play in. My money is on him being terrified of it!

Failed Items

- Needs new electrical box + Circuits due to fire hazard - Being installed Saturday
- Railing to loft failed due to 8" spaces - Replacing the following weekend
- Railing on back deck off master failed for same reason above - TBD

I like it...it's quaint and the yard looks really nice. I hope you and Boris get settled quickly.

I'm surprised that the home could be sold with that railing not in compliance with state and local building codes that usually mandate that a 4"+/- sphere cannot pass between the balusters. Maybe it's grandfathered...hmmm. You might want to look into that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck... Keep us posted on Boris and the pool--- more pictures

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Congratulations ! I am sure Boris will have fun exploring and sniffing his new kingdom.

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
Congrats on the house! I bet he'll be happy to explore the new place. I wouldn't worry too much. My first bulldog Daisy was with us when we purchased our first home. She seemed SO happy the day we brought her over. I don't think she ever missed the apartment.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.