Common Bully Behavior?

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Since Canelo has been a puppy, he will stand between me and the cabinets when I'm in the kitchen doing things like cooking, washing dishes, prepping food, etc. He will even squeeze between me and the cabinet forcing me to step back a little. Then he just stands there between me and the cabinet for as long as I'm there.

He's done this at the washer, and bathroom sink too. Husband and I have wondered what that means like is it a protection behavior where he is protecting me or vice verse. Does anyone experience this type of behavior with their bully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Our bully's take part in our activities in the kitchen, but not like that. They just sit somewhere there and look what we're doing, not not typical at our house...with the exprerinece of 4 bullies.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Rosie does the same , she will I think in the kitchen hope for dropsies , all the other dogs lie around various locations but out of the way. I strongly feel tho she is marking Me as Hers when she does the other stuff same as Canelo ( love the name ) , there is ZERO aggression just wanting to be close , some say this is bad and should be corrected , I do not agree . Bulldogs just want to be close at all times I have found to the one to them that matters to them , to Me a very normal thing and to them also . I have 5 dogs various breeds and always the bulldogs are like this so far .

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I have found mine just likes being physically close. He will sit by me in the kitchen or stand between me and the sink. If it is a problem just have yours do a sit stay in the same room.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson does this ALL the time with me. I have to adjust what I'm doing because he's in between! I'm the one that leaning or stretching meanwhile he's just either sitting there or laying there just looking at me like "no big deal" I personally think its because they always have to be all up in your business, lol

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I personally think its because they always have to be all up in your business, lol
HeHe...I've observed this too.
Conversely, Strikes prefers to park his butt right behind anyone at the kitchen counter. Sandy and I have stepped on his feet and tripped over him countless times. He just looks at us like we're idiots.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep -- same for us -- Lambeau will try to stand between me and the counter, but all my others just want to be in the same room

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea isn't allowed in the kitchen unless we tell her it is ok. With that she usually sits or plops down at the entrance to the kitchen with the most pathetic look on her face.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Lockjaw everyday!! Penny, she loves to plop right in front of the fridge or lay right at or on my feet. I usually just sliiide her out of the way when I have to get in. But Lockjaw is RIGHT there. I think he's just waiting for food though. lol

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
LOL!!! I'm glad it's not just us then.

This was a few months ago. Husband and I were treating my mother's cat, he was holding the cat, I was dressing a wound when I feel someone bump my legs, pushed his self between my legs and there he was, just standing there but happy. He stayed there, gotta be right there.

1d87aa494f7984dc43f140e495913d46.jpg

Then there is this moment, when Canelo gave me a black eye, innocently of course. He wasn't a year old and I was walking out of the kitchen then turned quickly to go back in, he was right behind me and I tripped over him and landed on the dog bowl. Not kidding, talk about freakish accidents. The cut on the cheek was where my cheek landed on the rim of the bowl cutting it. I went to the ER and took the bowl with me to show them. Ever since I always look down and know he's close by.

Now I was mean with Husband after this. We were eating at a restaurant and I had my sunglasses on. I took them off (and he knew what I was doing). People were lookingggggg!!! And after they looked at my eye, they were giving him dirty looks. It is amazing how many people can see something and immediately think Husband was responsible for the black eye. So yes I have tripped over Canelo my low rider but only fallen once and gotten seriously hurt.

f0d9ac2c3653f47b83376afbee5a2154.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Then there is this moment, when Canelo gave me a black eye, innocently of course. He wasn't a year old and I was walking out of the kitchen then turned quickly to go back in, he was right behind me and I tripped over him and landed on the dog bowl. Not kidding, talk about freakish accidents. The cut on the cheek was where my cheek landed on the rim of the bowl cutting it. I went to the ER and took the bowl with me to show them. Ever since I always look down and know he's close by.

Now I was mean with Husband after this. We were eating at a restaurant and I had my sunglasses on. I took them off (and he knew what I was doing). People were lookingggggg!!! And after they looked at my eye, they were giving him dirty looks. It is amazing how many people can see something and immediately think Husband was responsible for the black eye. So yes I have tripped over Canelo my low rider but only fallen once and gotten seriously hurt.

f0d9ac2c3653f47b83376afbee5a2154.jpg

OUCH!!! Poor hubby -- he took a 'beating' that day at the restaurant, huh! :D

I was on crutches once because of being knocked over by Nitschke... we were playing and he went in to a full on spaz-attack -- ran full throttle into my knee with his head. I went flying in the air and landed on my ankle -- twist my knee and sprained my ankle. On crutches for a week :facepalm:

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
OUCH!!! Poor hubby -- he took a 'beating' that day at the restaurant, huh! :D

I was on crutches once because of being knocked over by Nitschke... we were playing and he went in to a full on spaz-attack -- ran full throttle into my knee with his head. I went flying in the air and landed on my ankle -- twist my knee and sprained my ankle. On crutches for a week :facepalm:

OMG! I honestly have felt stupid because I tripped over Canelo and got a black eye! And poor Husband for sure. I wore sunglasses where ever we went until the bruising went away. He's a great man. I'm some what glad to know I wasn't the only EB casualty! Canelo has played with people like my sister and he was swinging the rope so hard with her we heard it hit her knee and make a cracking sound. I was up and inspecting her knee worried he had injured her knee! She's fine thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.