Diarrheaaaaa! HELP!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The liquid stool is bloody this a.m. Heading to the vet now.

Does sound like colitis ..... poor girl! sending lots of positive thoughts.... please keep us posted

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sending prayer and good thoughts that Bella will be okay!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way..... I always keep some Nutri + gel in the house so the poor babies that can't eat for wht ever reason can get some energy. It just gets in their system straight from the gums.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi guys!

The doctor said she thinks it's colitis (swelling of the colon). She said when she did the rectal exam (with her finger), she didn't see any blood. She said to do the bland diet until I get two days of normal poo. She's going to give me five days of pills (to give her one, twice a day).

So, it sounds like a pretty normal thing, thankfully. Once again, thank you all for your support!!! Bella and I send our love! <3

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Relieved it's a common issue & meds should take care of it.

Give sweet Bella sloppy kisses & hoping she feels better asap!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Thankful Bella will be ok, I was worried about this Sweet Girl. I worry about everyone's Bully on EBN when they are sick, I just Love them all so much as if all of them were mine.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
How is Bella today [MENTION=13235]Cali Doll[/MENTION]? Do you give her daily probiotics? If not, I would look into it, it keeps the gut nice and healthy. I started giving them to Tyson about 2 years ago when he was having belly issues, and they work wonders :)

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
How is Bella today @Cali Doll? Do you give her daily probiotics? If not, I would look into it, it keeps the gut nice and healthy. I started giving them to Tyson about 2 years ago when he was having belly issues, and they work wonders :)

She seemed to be better this a.m. She had more solid poops and I didn't see any blood. I just hope I don't come home to a mess...I'm hopeful! :pray:

I was giving her yogurt, but I ran out, and I haven't gotten more. I will start that up again. Thanks for the reminder!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She seemed to be better this a.m. She had more solid poops and I didn't see any blood. I just hope I don't come home to a mess...I'm hopeful! :pray:

I was giving her yogurt, but I ran out, and I haven't gotten more. I will start that up again. Thanks for the reminder!

Banks suffered with this too.... we found that it was stress related -- maybe the time away from you caused it and when she got back home it HIT the fan

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
So glad to hear she is doing better. Probiotics are WONDERFUL!! - Ellie was prescribed them BOTH times she had upset belly, and we also give her Canned Pure Pumpkin, which is a great help too!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I was traveling for a few days....just read this. So happy that Bella is OK and nothing serious. You've sure had a nasty couple of days....hope you can now relax a little. Hugs to you both!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Banks suffered with this too.... we found that it was stress related -- maybe the time away from you caused it and when she got back home it HIT the fan

Oh wow! Now, that would make sense, even though she loves being at the vet. Aww, makes me feel bad...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh wow! Now, that would make sense, even though she loves being at the vet. Aww, makes me feel bad...

Don't feel bad... just take it into consideration next time you have to leave her and give her something to settle her nerves --- see if that works and if it does, you can maintain it --- give her great big hugs and kisses from me

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
So glad to hear shes getting better. Bless your heart - its been an eventful few days for you. Hopefully you guys will be able to relax this weekend.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
She's going to give me five days of pills (to give her one, twice a day).
Another happy ending...get well soon Bella

And Cali Doll, if your Vet gave you Flagy/Metronidazole to give to her, you will see rapid improvement(24 hours)...but be sure to give ALL of the meds.
Thanks for being a great Bully Mom!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.