FIRST TIME PUPPY OWNER QUESTION

rob23

Jul 19, 2016
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Hey gang.

I am a first time bulldog owner. We brought Biscuit (son named) home 2 days ago. All seems well from the Vet. The breeder was great. He is 14 weeks old and 21.8 lbs. He is a big boy.

I am wondering about a really good food for him. I having been reading a lot about Fromms. Would anyone offer a newbie a little support? I would be very grateful.

Robbie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I'm a big fan of Fromm -- I used the puppy line in the link bag for my older bully Rukus and then switched him to the grain free four star line, but started by younger bully Regina directly on the four star line and I think she did even better on that than the Rukus did on the puppy line. I've never fed them any other brand. I supplement their food with "toppers", sometimes a little ground eve or hard boiled egg or cottage cheese, keeps them interested.

OP
R

rob23

Jul 19, 2016
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I'm a big fan of Fromm -- I used the puppy line in the link bag for my older bully Rukus and then switched him to the grain free four star line, but started by younger bully Regina directly on the four star line and I think she did even better on that than the Rukus did on the puppy line. I've never fed them any other brand. I supplement their food with "toppers", sometimes a little ground eve or hard boiled egg or cottage cheese, keeps them interested.

Thank you so much. I am starting the switch today to it. I hope he likes it. I have a Frenchie that is 11 and never had to many concerns with diet. I think I am overly worried about the bulldog just because of all the horror stories. This info helps me.

Also, thank you so much for the quick reply. It means a lot to me.

Robbie

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I also feed Fromm. My guys are not pups, but I think they have all stages, not sure though. It is a great food. One of my guys has allergies to a bunch of things so I feed the duck and rabbit protien, I think it's called Hasen Duckenpheffer.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Welcome I have a Biscuit too!! I think you are good with Fromm, I use Southern States Naturals with my girl but they don't offer a puppy line. Just find what works for him :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
All my dogs eat Taste of the Wild-Pacific Salmon. So far it's good!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
When mine were puppies they ate FROMM, they are on TOTW - pine forest (the one with the deer on the front-lol) recipe. They did well on both. TOTW is just more affordable for me with 2 eb's.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!!

We also feed Fromm .... as a puppy I fed Fromm Heartland red meat version .... it is grain and chicken free. I then went to Pork and peas

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.