Have you ever brought your dog to the drive in?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I'm thinking about bringing Murray to see the secret life of pets, he seemed to like the preview! Have you guys ever done this before? Would love to know your thoughts. Thanks :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes we did bring them a couple of times. It works out fine, we usually bring a blanket and some lawn chairs and sit outside at first, and then we go back in the car. They usually just sleep on the back seat. We just make sure to feed them before we go, and bring water for them to drink. They go for potty breaks in between the movies. The Drive In where we go has some fields around it, so there are grassy areas on the perimeters for them to go. It should be fine, as long as the night is a little cooler, so they don't get hot in the car and overheat.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh, and I forgot always make sure they are wearing an ID tag with their name, address, and phone number just in case they get loose, or run out of the car.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Drive Ins? I haven't seen one of those around here in 40 years. The closest thing we have to that around here would be the Fantail Film Festival where we can go watch movies on the fantail of the battleship Wisconsin. My son volunteers at Nauticus in Norfolk and we get to go for free, although I've yet to go. Not sure that dogs would be allowed.
I bet it would be fun though, why not? Movies, TV, etc. are always more enjoyable in the company of a nice warm Bulldog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Drive Ins? I haven't seen one of those around here in 40 years. The closest thing we have to that around here would be the Fantail Film Festival where we can go watch movies on the fantail of the battleship Wisconsin. My son volunteers at Nauticus in Norfolk and we get to go for free, although I've yet to go. Not sure that dogs would be allowed.
I bet it would be fun though, why not? Movies, TV, etc. are always more enjoyable in the company of a nice warm Bulldog.

Was thinking the same thing.... I do not think they exist around my area any longer.
I did see on the web... I think in Toronto there was a showing at a rooftop theater where you were allowed to bring your pet to the movie (Secret life of pets)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
We still have a drive-in, that is open until the end of Sept. It is much too hot(over 100) to go to this summer! I did see the movie in the indoor,and it was a fun movie. :yes: [MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION]

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
There's one about 20 mins away from my house, I tried calling twice and got no answer, sent an email but no response. We'll probably try to to Wednesday or Thursday night I'm looking forward to it :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I'm thinking about bringing Murray to see the secret life of pets, he seemed to like the preview! Have you guys ever done this before? Would love to know your thoughts. Thanks :)

Well now it all depends and how much of the movie will you be watching. Maybe sneak him in the trunk...you may have to pay double.

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Well now it all depends and how much of the movie will you be watching. Maybe sneak him in the trunk...you may have to pay double.
Lol even if we have to pay double he's worth it :) we will probably go tonight or tomorrow

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.