Is it normal for female bulldog have vaginal discharge?

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Timon is now 3 month old. I notice today that she has some white fluid outside her virgina. Vaginal discharge??? Is that the correct word? I dont know. Just wondering if its normal for female bulldog.thank you!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Yes, that's the correct word, nope, not normal. A white discharge could be an infection. Is she lethargic? Sounds like a trip to the vet might be a good idea.

Timon is now 3 month old. I notice today that she has some white fluid outside her virgina. Vaginal discharge??? Is that the correct word? I dont know. Just wondering if its normal for female bulldog.thank you!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, it is normal for a female pup of that age to have a little discharge.It is usually a pale yellowish white,and not an excessive amount.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree-- it can be normal-- watch her pee-- if starts to go more often or smell gets stronger have her checked fir a UTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
My baby had discharge for almost a year. It was a thicker yellowish discharge and usually happened after urinating. Vet checked her out and said he couldn't see anything wrong. I assumed it was just puppy vaginitis. She's a year and a half now and I haven't seen any discharge. I'd ask the vet next visit to check her out just to be sure.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
During their puppy year they can have vaginal discharge.... It is usually milky and white yellow and even light green- if you see any pink or more slimy or mucus or if it becomes a lot- or if accompanied with fever of over 101.5 degrees F, a vet trip is in order. What you can do if it's just a little vaginitis get a glove on and put some antibiotic ointment (like neosphorin) and rub it on and around. It will kill the offending bacteria. If you happen to have any beta dyne you can also dilute it and clean the area good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.