ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We had decided to let Willow have one cycle before we have her spayed (after waiting 3 mos after of course) and I was getting a little worried because she seemed a little late getting hers... I should have KNOWN last week, because she was pure HELL on wheels :evil:

SO anyhoo, yesterday I buy her one of those diaper covers and get some pads... and after I put it on her (getting the look of death of course) Walter made the mistake of sniffing her diaper... the LOOK on her face, and BOY did she let him have it. I was mad at first, but TBH I was doubled over laughing so hard she let him have it w/BOTH BARRELS. RBF face in it's purest form... poor Wallygator, I'm sure he will NEVER make that mistake again :laugh:

My question is how long can a heat cycle last? I was thinking it was 3 weeks, but I honestly have forgotten it's been so long since we've been thru this drama... Lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
No help on the heat duration but please tell me you got a pic of Wallygator learning a life lesson......

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie had a heat cycle and if i remember right, hers lasted about 6 weeks. It really wasn't that bad for us cause we only had her at the time and we just diapered her and no dogs came sniffing around.

GOOD LUCK!!! poor walter lol.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
They do grow up so fast! Poor Wally but hey lesson learned lol. Did he mope?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG!! this made me smile-HAHAHAHA!!:ROFL: Poor Wallygator, ONLY for the fact, I too am waiting for Ellie to have her 1st cycle, which should be SOON for us as well..I can USE all HELP I can get on this one!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Normally their heat lasts 3 weeks. Give it a few days after that, and give her a good bath when it is over-to get the "smell of romance" off!
You sniff-a my diaper,I break-a you face! :bigboss:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh boy, already??? Hoe ever long it takes I hope it goes smoothly:yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
In a deep funk, I come here & open this 1st...so glad I did, LMAO!

Thanks Willow & WallyGator, I needed those belly laughs today ;)

Sending love & prayers for peace between y'all...poor WallyG.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Omg little Willow is now a little lady! They grow up way too fast. Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: :rofl: Willow is going to be a 'BANKS'...... :laugh: :rofl:

I want video of these two...

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Thats hilarious!!

The female i had when I was younger whooped up on the stud that was used to breed her. The guy who had the stud is who I got her from and he had two females he bred along with 3 males of no relation he used to breed with. He called complaining to me about it and being a 17 year old kid I told him he needed a tougher male. :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I told him he needed a tougher male. :)

LOL...I know very little about bitches in heat but my wife does and she told me that bitches in heat can be very nasty until they are "ready".

Upon hearing that I was like, "Uh yeah, sound familiar?" I was thinking that to myself, btw...

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ahhhhh, good luck to you! Regina's heat lasted 2-3 weeks. She was definitely not the happiest of campers wearing her diaper, but she was mainly just needier. There was only a span of a few days that I really had to separate her and Ruckus because he was a little too interested. Otherwise they'd chase one another and eventually I could get them settled. I bought 2 diapers so I could wash them in between wears. The "smell of romance" is real....and humans can smell it...

Staff online

Members online