What poop bags do you use?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I was looking into more earth friendly poo bags. Any recommendations? Fezzik has fairly large poops so I need a bag mouth big enough not to get it on my hands.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Haha. Poop bags are never big enough for us. We use Target or grocery store bags.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] So Joey is just over a year old and I FINALLY settled on the best bag about 7 months ago: "Pogi's Poop Bags with Easy-Tie Handles - Large, Earth-Friendly, Scented, Leak-Proof Pet Waste Bags" Here is link https://www.amazon.com/Pogis-Poop-Bags-Earth-Friendly-Leak-Proof/dp/B00N2TFD3K 300 for $15.00

Bag.jpg

OMG SO MUCH easier to tie with the handles!!! The photo is just to show shape, these are large bags....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@KimDe So Joey is just over a year old and I FINALLY settled on the best bag about 7 months ago: "Pogi's Poop Bags with Easy-Tie Handles - Large, Earth-Friendly, Scented, Leak-Proof Pet Waste Bags" Here is link https://www.amazon.com/Pogis-Poop-Bags-Earth-Friendly-Leak-Proof/dp/B00N2TFD3K 300 for $15.00

View attachment 99925

OMG SO MUCH easier to tie with the handles!!! The photo is just to show shape, these are large bags....

Hmmm... are they as big as a grocery bag?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use the Poops Bags from Costco. They are also scented, come in a box of 400, plus two bag holders, and they cost $8.99 a box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 148

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I buy a year supply off of ebay... Biodegradable and pay about $60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use the grocery bags, and after buying several different scoop brushes I just get a box of disposable gloves and pick it up myself. Those scoops never seem to get all of it, and frankly it's just as easy to get it up using your hands... although it is gross sometimes.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I usually take grocery bags, check for holes, and then invert and pick it up. Then it goes into another bag in the backpack for leakage. Fezzik likes to mark with poop and we are working on it but he squats 2+ times per walk. I also don't know if it is the hip action but he sometimes poos when he farts on walks. He doesn't do this at home or running in the yard so I have to believe it is something to do with thr excitement of the walk. So with the amount of bags I am using I thought it would be good to get something that breaks down better.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hmmm i use sandwhich bags costs me about 2 bucks for hundred peices. Since Bifi does his business mostly in bushes, a hundred peices lasts me a month or two :).

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
The free ones I get from grocery and big box stores. I buy Nitrile gloves from Costco for all messy jobs, scoopers are just too cumbersome for me. I also pick weeds around the yard too when I "pick up", kill two birds with one stone thing I guess. I can appreciate the whole earth friendly gesture but seems like no matter how hard I try we (as a family) still end up with those plastic bags, so might as well get another use out of them. I do recycle a big handful every few weeks as well.

Last edited:

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Well with 5 dogs all large ( you have not seen a large PooP till you see a ODIN PooP ) I first use the 40 inch wide sit down lawn mower blades set on LOW , that sort of makes a fine spray , I made a custom directional side vent on the right side so I can drive with one hand and direct the spray evenly with the other . I was thinking of getting mulching blades but the cost wow $ 300. CDN brutal !

Naw I do use a shovel tho and rake , goes in a green bin which is kept near the composters to keep animals away from them then off to the dump it goes once a week , I use large construction grade garbage bags and must be clear so the garbage guy can see threw them so no contraband goes into the dump

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] i love these bags! Only ones we use. Except I've never tried the handle ones haha.

We only do walks, don't have a yard where he just goes and we do cleanup later. But i would probably still use them, feel much better about them being biodegradable if they're going straight for a landfill. Any time i use a grocery bag, i pick the one with a hole -_-

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.