Here comes the...Sgt?

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
So, I'm getting married this October and we will be having our "children" in the wedding. We have a dog handler (a local company who has been walking the boys once a week to get to know them)who will be coming to the ceremony, help us with photos and bring the boys home during cocktail hour. Unfortunately, they aren't allowed to stay for the reception...which is too bad because they are party animals!! This might be a long shot...but has anyone on here had their doggies in any sort of event like this? How did it work out? Any tips? I'm also on the hunt for bow ties...3 pet store trips and no luck! Where do I find them!?

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!! Secondly, I've been very impressed with this company's customer service, quick processing & shipping and selection.

For your bow tie needs:

baxterboo.com

Just search "bow tie"

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congratulations! I tagged someone that, I believe, his pup was at the wedding

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
So, I'm getting married this October and we will be having our "children" in the wedding. We have a dog handler (a local company who has been walking the boys once a week to get to know them)who will be coming to the ceremony, help us with photos and bring the boys home during cocktail hour. Unfortunately, they aren't allowed to stay for the reception...which is too bad because they are party animals!! This might be a long shot...but has anyone on here had their doggies in any sort of event like this? How did it work out? Any tips? I'm also on the hunt for bow ties...3 pet store trips and no luck! Where do I find them!?

Try one of the department stores. [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] has Tyson in a bow tie...maybe she can help.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Try one of the department stores. @TyTysmom has Tyson in a bow tie...maybe she can help.
@asherose

Etsy!!! Go on there, search bow tie for dogs, or even "wedding dog collar" you'll see a bunch of stores pop up, they have tuxedos, ties, bow ties, cuff links for their paws, etc. Its crazy the cuteness!
Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade

I swear 90% of my wedding came from there including a custom cake topper with Tyson on it! Tyson wasn't physically able to be in our wedding bc both church & venue did not allow, but I had to have him there in some way, so cake topper, and a charm for my bouquet, along with photos of course! I'll look for a picture of the cake topper, its a clay figure of him, made off a photo I sent in.

Here's a pic of my bouquet: (zoom
In and you can see Tyson :)

107_MG_5881-Edit.jpg
031_MG_1583-Edit.jpg

Message me if you want any more info!! I can tell you the names of shops I've personally used from there. Oh, I found one of another set of bulldogs she made (cake topper) you send her photo and she'll do all the markings, coloring, etc. Actually Tyson's looks alot like the boy bully in this one :)
il_570xN.562852050_ly45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Our foundation makes bow ties and if we have suitable material we can do it for you. PM me if you are interested.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Congratulations!

We got married long before we had Castor but we did actually have a big black marzipan dog on our wedding cake which my mother-in-law had ordered it as a surprise - and it looked exactly like my husband's dog who had passed a few years before. He was a magnificent dog (great dane - new foundland mix), and the dog on the cake was very impressive! So my suggestion is ask a good pastrycook to create something for the cake if you will be having one.

OP
asherose

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] I LOVE IT!!! Your bouquet is so beautiful! And the photo charm!!! Such an awesome idea!!! I don't know how I didn't even think to look at Etsy...I'm mildly obsessed with it...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Here's a sample of a bow-tie done in a Baseball theme. You can't see it in the pic but it's held in place with a red gathered elastic band about 1 " wide.

Sorry for the brurry shot...getting Ellie to sit still is a chore.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.