Barking.

Ivan Lugo

May 13, 2016
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeter
So Jeter has been barking when out on the deck.
Not annoying whatsoever, but I received my first neighbor complaint, funny thing is he's only 4 months old and it was 3pm! What would you suggest? I silently brought him in and he got sad... Had to vent. I don't want him to stop barking just like I wouldn't want my son to start talking!!!::)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15878]Ivan Lugo[/MENTION] Well, you wouldn't want Jeter to bark endlessly for no reason. That could be a bad habit eventually. A dog that barks constantly will be an annoying thing, On the other hand,if he had a reason to bark-that could be a good thing. There are usually "annoyance laws" such as disturbing the peace after 8 p.m. etc. You might want to check you local ordinances about that. Then you can tell 'em to call someone who cares!!ha!ha!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
people so totally suck! it was mid-afternoon and he was just randomly barking.... good lord, people juts have to make sure everyone is miserable if they are.

Lynn gave good advice

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Get new neighbors?? LOL sorry but that's insane. My dogs bark all the time and critters outside our fence. My EB thinks she's a huge guard dog. I just ask her to quiet down and if she doesn't bring her in. Also try distraction, ball, bone, toy when he starts barking and you don't see a reason why.

OP
Ivan Lugo

Ivan Lugo

May 13, 2016
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeter
He was barking because he has a ball that bounces... They are not new neighbors but very annoying.. So as long as it's in the afternoon I'm letting him play!!! Thanks for letting me vent guys!!!!!

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
I would totally be ignoring my neighbors! In my town, noise by-laws don't kick in until 11pm. So if my dogs want to bark until 10:59pm they can! Having said that...my EB isn't too much of a barker. My Boston terrier has a little bit of "little man syndrome" so he can be a bit yappy at times. If hes outside carrying on about nothing, I'll bring him in the house. If he's playing, well then he's playing and my neighbors can buzz off! Let Jeter play!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.