My Bully is having stomach/skin problems and I can't figure it out!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for this advice! Umm.. Walt's poo has gotten firmer with pumpkin, less treats at training, and we decided to switch from Fromm four star to Natural Balance Sweet potato and fish. We're beginning the transistion next week.
But, i think he has dermatitis/hot spots? Can anyone tell me what this is and how to treat? He's always had bumps on his back, but then i noticed light tear stains so i continued with maclectic wipes and kept it dry but then his ears starting feeling sore and its spreading down his next a little.

I have hydrocortisone cream, Neosporin, wipes, what can make this go away?

Allergies... Do you give Benedyl or Clartin? His ears look inflation... Are they dirty or just red?

Neck picture is blurry so cant tell... Is the area moist or just all red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WaltsMom

WaltsMom

Jun 19, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walt
Allergies... Do you give Benedyl or Clartin? His ears look inflation... Are they dirty or just red?

Neck picture is blurry so cant tell... Is the area moist or just all red?

Much hair has fallen out from left side. Skin is very raw, and before i apply creams they are open sores and look like they have been bleeding, scabbed. They look better, then worse and spreading the next. He itches a lot

OP
WaltsMom

WaltsMom

Jun 19, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walt
And yes im giving 2 benedryl's (40 pounds) about once a day sometimes twice depending on severity.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Much hair has fallen out from left side. Skin is very raw, and before i apply creams they are open sores and look like they have been bleeding, scabbed. They look better, then worse and spreading the next. He itches a lot

Sounds like a hot spot... You want it dry... Shave the area and keep it clean and dry -- see if you can get some Vectricyn hot spot spray.

OP
WaltsMom

WaltsMom

Jun 19, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walt
My baby is doing much better! I took him to the vet. He had dermititis, an ear infection and he had redness in his paws i never noticed. He's on an antibiotic once per day, a cream every 12 hours in his ears and paws and every 48 hours an ear solution. $400. :(

The next day i saw improvement. He looks great! Yay!!!! Happy my baby is feeling better :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My baby is doing much better! I took him to the vet. He had dermititis, an ear infection and he had redness in his paws i never noticed. He's on an antibiotic once per day, a cream every 12 hours in his ears and paws and every 48 hours an ear solution. $400. :(

The next day i saw improvement. He looks great! Yay!!!! Happy my baby is feeling better :)

So happy to hear this!!!! Give Walt a great big hug from me!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Get well quick, Walt!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
May I suggest that you get some probiotics since he is in having antibiotics. Antibiotics can cause a havoc in the digestive system and lead to range of troubles. Also one thing you can do for training treats is use his normal kibble. Just measure the amount that you want/need to feed in one day and use some of it whean training. Who says a dog has to eat it's meals from a bowl?

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.