matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
We brought El Chapo home when he was 7 weeks old and every since then it's been a rewarding journey. I guess early on seeing the bulldog in him was easy, he's been the most independent dog I've had, a lot of people would've considered his behavior early on as "stubborn", over time he's learn to listen, to trust, it seems as if he is gradually catching on more and more. Potty training has been our toughest issue, however, I am adding a couple more outside trips during the days, diggin! :w00t: diggin has been a new thing he's taken interest in, in spite of playing throughout the day with myself, myself and the children. Curious to know if anyone knows of more reasons dogs do this outside of being bored, or is this breed specific?

The good ol' lanky looking stage is seeming to approach, or at least in my mind? Yea, I don't know what else I can say... LOL, he's protective of everyone in the home, and the home itself... which I personally like to see some of, he's inviting to family and friends but is "aloof" with strangers, he's also learning to guard on command which he's been great at "cease" is almost easily understood. Really, I feel as if I got more "bang" that what I expected with this breed, and am thinking about working him in some capacity, whether it be weight pulling or just carrying bottles of water in a vest or something.

I'll upload and post pics of him at 5 months which he just made July 4! In the meantime heres him over time up to 3 months image2.JPGDocHolidayA030316_1.jpgIMG_3702.JPGIMG_3727.JPGIMG_3817.JPGIMG_3861.JPG

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Great Job El Chapo - you are quite the handsome little man.

We too are having a little bit of a challenge with pottying with Ellie, but we just about there, so hang in there, we will all get there!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great little man!!

Digging isn't breed specific but it could still be he is bored... [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] may have suggestions as Wally went through some digging episodes

As for working him, great idea, but please rethink the pulling--- it destroys their teeth .... Backpack with water bottles is a great way to work out the energy

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
What a great little man!!

Digging isn't breed specific but it could still be he is bored... @ddnene may have suggestions as Wally went through some digging episodes

As for working him, great idea, but please rethink the pulling--- it destroys their teeth .... Backpack with water bottles is a great way to work out the energy

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Wallygator went thru a digging stage... honestly he grew out of it this summer, Thank goodness!!! He's 2 now, so I would say that this may just be an age thing... I got him some new toys for outside, and here are some suggestions. I got him the Varsity Ball on Amazon, and he absolutely LOVES it but I have to keep him on a timer so he doesn't overheat. Another great idea is a small kiddie pool, and put some balls in it. Willow tries to "dig" at the balls in the water, she is fascinated by it. A tired puppy is a well-behaved puppy so I would plan for 10-15 min of playtime to keep him wore out and out of trouble. Make sure to play w/him inside though, little guys can overheat so quickly in this summer heat.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My Wallygator went thru a digging stage... honestly he grew out of it this summer, Thank goodness!!! He's 2 now, so I would say that this may just be an age thing... I got him some new toys for outside, and here are some suggestions. I got him the Varsity Ball on Amazon, and he absolutely LOVES it but I have to keep him on a timer so he doesn't overheat. Another great idea is a small kiddie pool, and put some balls in it. Willow tries to "dig" at the balls in the water, she is fascinated by it. A tired puppy is a well-behaved puppy so I would plan for 10-15 min of playtime to keep him wore out and out of trouble. Make sure to play w/him inside though, little guys can overheat so quickly in this summer heat.

Do not let this post fool you....Walter is a landscape artist. He can fix sprinklers too. He will dig just to make his mommy crazy. Probably saving it up for the pending new landscaping job.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great pics!

Castor started digging earlier this year, and he is three! He got a bone and after chewing on it he went into the only corner of our garden where nothing was planted (good boy!) and buried the bone, and then he dug it up and buried it again...and he sure didn't look bored!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.