Update from the show!

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Soo... there was just one other dog in her class and she was gorgeous, owned by this lady who also owns one of the top male dogs in the country! He took BOB. So we took 2nd out of 2, but I messed up and went too far instead of getting her on the table, then she layed on the table lol. The other people there were sooo sweet! They gave me tips and told me not to give up and keep doing it. I haven't decided yet if I want to show again or take a stab at obedience.

I was pretty shocked at how low key everything was, my mom and I got there early about 7:15 because the bulldogs went at 8. We basically waited around and everyone else got there about 7:45. The ring was small and off to itself which was kind of nice. I was so proud of her and how she did being around all those dogs and a strange environment! Not to mention blow dryers going off and dogs howling. After we were done my mom and I went to watch the obedience trials which were so cool. Overall it was an awesome day!

Here is me and Biscuit about to go in the ring. The next is the reason why I just adore this pup, never met a dog so amazing with kids. Then the last is her "what mom?" face lol.

Me showing Biscuit.jpgRyan laying on Biscuit.jpgBiscuit - what mom.jpg

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Congrats Biscuit! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Such a cool experience! She it so cute, you should absolutely do another show...with that face she should be showed off!!! Thanks for keeping us posted! I wondered how this turned out.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
BISCUIT !!!! Congrats beautiful girl !!!!! Way to go entering the show! Always remember, if you don't go to the party no one will ever ask you to dance :)

LOVE LOVE the photos!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Congrats to you both. And yes if you want to pursue showing your puppy, I sure would do classes as showing a dog is not as easy as we think. As a newcomer, you sure did great....not a lot people would of done what you did. Good job !!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Y'all are winners in my book, awesome job and glad y'all had a great time.

Love all your pics but LOVE the baby & bully <3

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Congratulations and great pictures! Happy to hear it was a nice experience!

We showed Castor once when he was 8 months old at a very big puppy show and he too came second place out of two in his class (he got an honorary mention which made us very proud!). We didn't show him any more after that but it was a positive experience and Castor no doubt enjoyed the day. Best of luck if you decide to go on showing Biscuit!

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Thank you so much! It was an awesome experience and I loved every minute of it. I'm pretty sure I will do it again!

Congrats Biscuit! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Such a cool experience! She it so cute, you should absolutely do another show...with that face she should be showed off!!! Thanks for keeping us posted! I wondered how this turned out.

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Thank you!! You are totally right! A friend of ours were saying how political the shows can be but I didn't get that vibe at all, the others showing we so kind to me and the judge was so relaxed about it all. I'm glad I decided to do it.

BISCUIT !!!! Congrats beautiful girl !!!!! Way to go entering the show! Always remember, if you don't go to the party no one will ever ask you to dance :)

LOVE LOVE the photos!!!!

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Thanks! Yeah I really did need to do a class but it's almost impossible for my schedule because all the classes are 45 mins from home. Then with my 2 little kids I couldn't do her training and have the kids there. But I practiced at home a lot and the people there say they always lay down the first go. Of course they could have just been nice about it but I'll take it lol.

Congrats to you both. And yes if you want to pursue showing your puppy, I sure would do classes as showing a dog is not as easy as we think. As a newcomer, you sure did great....not a lot people would of done what you did. Good job !!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much!

Y'all are winners in my book, awesome job and glad y'all had a great time.

Love all your pics but LOVE the baby & bully <3

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Aww that's great! After seeing her competition I'm not sure If I will go back in the show ring but I loved the obedience trials and I think people would get a kick seeing a bulldog. She is pretty responsive to me we would just need to work more on it. I'm going to do the CGC test with her.

Congratulations and great pictures! Happy to hear it was a nice experience!

We showed Castor once when he was 8 months old at a very big puppy show and he too came second place out of two in his class (he got an honorary mention which made us very proud!). We didn't show him any more after that but it was a positive experience and Castor no doubt enjoyed the day. Best of luck if you decide to go on showing Biscuit!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Aww that's great! After seeing her competition I'm not sure If I will go back in the show ring but I loved the obedience trials and I think people would get a kick seeing a bulldog. She is pretty responsive to me we would just need to work more on it. I'm going to do the CGC test with her.

Sounds great!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great day! Congratulations--- so glad you had a good experience.... Love the pictures, she is a beautiful girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Thank you! I was just proud of how she was around all those dogs. You know we had some issues with her and my other girl dog and at the dog park so I wasn't sure how she would react. She was perfect.

What a great day! Congratulations--- so glad you had a good experience.... Love the pictures, she is a beautiful girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm late, but I'm glad to see you guys had a great time. It sounds like it was a great experience for both of you...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.